Loc Precision

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHamel

Reaction score
Thank you Barry!

I received a Loc Forte' with a damaged airframe from an online vendor. I emailed Loc on the 27th and received a new airframe today! It is a pleasure to business companies like Loc. I will from now on purchase Loc kits directly from Loc.

Thanks again!

I bought a LOC Onyx from a vendor at a big rocket launch but didn't think to check for all the parts UNTIL I got home. Discovered that the motor mount tube was missing from the sealed kit.

Late (and I do mean LATE) Sunday night I emailed Barry and by Wednesday afternoon I had the replacement part.

Ya gotta love great customer service.

I had Bought a Hyperloc835 from a vender online, it was missing a stiffy tube and a couple other small items. Emailed Barry, days later had what I needed.
I also ordered direct from LOC a 4" payload kit and got a 3" instead. Sent Barry another Email, he told me to keep the 3" for future us and he sent the 4" right out.

Great company

Barry is known for fantastic customer service--and quality products. That never changes.

Wow, even though these posts are meant to praise LOC/Precision's customer service, they unintentionally make it sound like 3rd party vendors are a bunch of goofballs with inferior products. We all know very well that isn't true. Anyone who has purchased a LOC kit from an independent vendor and has been pleased with the quality of their kit, please speak up!

I have never needed to return anything, but I have ordered directly from LOC's online store (Rockets By Melissa) and had positive experiences. So I'll gladly sign my name to this mash note, too.

Last edited:
I've always ordered directly from LOC, including from Ron Schultz who had customer service just like Barry. I always used the phone although I get part numbers from the web site if necessary.

Wow. Never saw that one coming.

Let me go back and expand on what I said above. At the annual TCC launch October Skies, I bought the very last Onyx kit Jack Garibaldi had in his semi-trailer rocket shop. Jack is the heart of rocketry in Central California and travels up and down the state to bring the What's Up Hobbies goodness to all the big launches. Had I exercised my due diligence and checked the parts before leaving the field, Jack would have made it right. On the spot. He's that kind of a guy. He flies rockets, too.

That same day, I purchased the 2010 Commemorative kit from the LOC Precision representative on the launch site and there were no problems with the kit.

Stuff happens. Doesn't matter how much care is taken, stuff just happens. What's important is the follow-up afterwards. In this case, the issue was made right as quickly as the Postal Service can do it. Think Semroc fast.

You are what you do when it counts.

Wow, even though these posts are meant to praise LOC/Precision's customer service, they unintentionally make it sound like 3rd party vendors are a bunch of goofballs with inferior products. We all know very well that isn't true. Anyone who has purchased a LOC kit from an independent vendor and has been pleased with the quality of their kit, please speak up!

I have never needed to return anything, but I have ordered directly from LOC's online store (Rockets By Melissa) and had positive experiences. So I'll gladly sign my name to this mash note, too.

My point was not to bash or make third party vendors look bad, I buy plenty from third party vendors and usually get products in great shape! My point was to show just how EXCELLENT the service is from the folks at LOC!!!

I ordered my LOC Big Nuke from LOC/Precision directly. The booster tube was damaged and I emailed Barry right away. He sent me both the booster AND payload tubes. I used one of the payload tubes to repair my I-ROC EXT. Barry has superb customer service.

My point was not to bash or make third party vendors look bad, I buy plenty from third party vendors and usually get products in great shape! My point was to show just how EXCELLENT the service is from the folks at LOC!!!
I know that wasn't your intent, nor was it the intent of anyone else who responded. But for several posts in a row, everyone mentioned that they had purchased their defective kit from a 3rd party vendor. I know that this was never anyone's intention (and I said so), but the cumulative effect was to convey a certain message. It implied that when you buy a kit from a vendor, you run a greater risk of getting one that has some kind of problem with it. A newcomer to the hobby or a recent BAR who came across this thread might be led to draw that conclusion. None of you have any need to defend or explain your comments. I simply spoke up to correct the pattern that had accidentally been created, so that no one would misinterpret what any of you had said. What you said was fine, and you certainly convinced me. I just wanted to be sure that no one got an inaccurate picture due to the similarity of the accounts in the first several posts.

Last edited:
Well, if you really think about it, all of the people who have bought from a 3rd party vendor and didn't have a problem would have no reason to post and rave about the super service since they didn't need to get anything fixed.

And I'm sure that is many, many times the people that did post. I've only bought one LOC product from a 3rd party vendor and it arrived in perfect condition.

I know that wasn't your intent, nor was it the intent of anyone else who responded. But for several posts in a row, everyone mentioned that they had purchased their defective kit from a 3rd party vendor. I know that this was never anyone's intention (and I said so), but the cumulative effect was to convey a certain message. It implied that when you buy a kit from a vendor, you run a greater risk of getting one that has some kind of problem with it.

I hate buying from a vendor over the internet and getting crap that he cannot sell at a launch--usually all banged up. My solution was to buy from a small vendor with virtually no inventory. He must "DROP SHIP" everything. There are probably many small vendors in this situation. My choice is Astralis Rocketry. He is a Loc dealer--with a tiny inventory of Loc small rockets. I tend to buy at least 4" rockets--usually 5.5 inch and 7.5 inch. He has virtually none of these in stock--and must drop ship. The best part--he sells at a good discount! Therefore--I get new rocket kits--direct from Loc--at a substantial discount. If I recall correctly--the owner is David Greenapple--or something like that--does a fantastic job--and delivers faster than most vendors--at a good discount!

Do not be fooled by the fact that Astralis shows a very small selection on their website. Dave can obtain all Loc products--and will quote a good price.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back