3-Stage T-LOC??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techrat

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
While perusing the LOC Precision website, it occurred to me that LOC makes their T-LOC in 3 different sizes : A 7.5" diameter, a 4" diameter and a 2.6" -- which made me think that it could be possible to slip one inside the other and build a 3-stage T-LOC -- in that you've got a T-LOC on a T-LOC on a T-LOC. Now all someone needs to do is figure out how to do it like a Russian Doll -- where the nosecone pops off to launch the next one while in flight. Some fancy electronics perhaps will be needed.

Otherwise, I will have to build transitions to go from one to the other....

but this was just a crazy thought that popped into my head...

While perusing the LOC Precision website, it occurred to me that LOC makes their T-LOC in 3 different sizes : A 7.5" diameter, a 4" diameter and a 2.6" -- which made me think that it could be possible to slip one inside the other and build a 3-stage T-LOC -- in that you've got a T-LOC on a T-LOC on a T-LOC. Now all someone needs to do is figure out how to do it like a Russian Doll -- where the nosecone pops off to launch the next one while in flight. Some fancy electronics perhaps will be needed.

Otherwise, I will have to build transitions to go from one to the other....

but this was just a crazy thought that popped into my head...

The difference between a crazy thought and an actionable item is literally one decision away. :cool:

Back