Let's hear your best brainteasers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasonH

Reaction score
I have been going back and forth with a fellow TRF member about a few brainteasers, and I want to hear some of the ones everyone else has, since there are so many of them.

Here is one of my favorites:
How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if it doesn't bounce off anything? There is nothing attached to it, and no one else catches or throws it back to you.

Let's see what kind of puzzles and answers you guys can come up with.

Straight up is my answer. Now here's one for you and don't Google it. Who was Mighty Mouses's girlfriend?

That answer would be correct!

As for the new question, I have NO idea whatsoever. I know he DID have one because I remember hearing the same question a while ago. Just can't remember the answer...dang.

Edit: I asked ma and pa and they said her name was Pearl. That right? Nobody googled it.

Last edited:
A man lives in a 30 story building, he lives on the 30th floor. When ever he leaves the building he takes the elevator down but when he comes home he has to take the stairs, why: There's nothing wrong with the elevators, they're completely operational.

Which one---I'm so old this makes me sad ! I assume your talking about the cartoon one.

A man lives in a 30 story building, he lives on the 30th floor. When ever he leaves the building he takes the elevator down but when he comes home he has to take the stairs, why: There's nothing wrong with the elevators, they're completely operational.

He is a midget and cannot reach the buttons!

Some one has this one before!

I have indeed!

Heres one: a hunter rides a white horse towards a herd of buffalo, who disperse after seeing the white horse coming. After dying the coat of the horse brown, the hunter sets off once again to hunt the buffalo. Only this time, they disperse even before they see the horse clearly. Why is this so?

That answer would be correct!

As for the new question, I have NO idea whatsoever. I know he DID have one because I remember hearing the same question a while ago. Just can't remember the answer...dang.

Edit: I asked ma and pa and they said her name was Pearl. That right? Nobody googled it.

We're gonna need a complete name here. We already know it ain't Polly Purebred, or Penelope Pitstop.

Pearl...pearl...pearl...p p p pureheart? :D

CANNOT believe my folks remembered that!

That has to be one of the hardest trivia questions I ever knew of. Pear Pureheart is correct. But you get no kudos for that. Hi 5 to mom & dad for me.

I have indeed!

Heres one: a hunter rides a white horse towards a herd of buffalo, who disperse after seeing the white horse coming. After dying the coat of the horse brown, the hunter sets off once again to hunt the buffalo. Only this time, they disperse even before they see the horse clearly. Why is this so?

Buffalo's are damn near blind so I figure the hunter should have taken a bath in dung instead of Old Spice ! He should have been downwind of the herd. Of course this does not take into account the white buffalo that was stalking him the whole time and later trampled his frail and withered body into the ground ,since starvation had set in because he was a lousy hunter and his dependents had already gone to the great festival of food in the sky .

Who was Mighty Mouses's girlfriend?

"Minnie Mouse"

.............. which way is up?

Last edited:
I need exactly four gallons of water.
I give you two buckets, both are unmarked, one holds three gallons and the other holds five.
How do you do it?

You travel one mile due south, then one mile due east and then one mile due north to return to your starting place. You are not at the north pole. Where are you.

I need exactly four gallons of water.
I give you two buckets, both are unmarked, one holds three gallons and the other holds five.
How do you do it?

Fill the five gallon to the rim, then use that water to fill the three to the rim, leaving two in the five gallon bucket. Dump out the three gallon bucket and transfer the two gallons from the five to the three. Fill the five gallon bucket again to the rim, and use that water to fill the three gallon bucket completely. Assuming you have poured neatly without slop, there will be four gallons remaining in the five gallon bucket.

G.D.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Imagine your stuck on the bottom of the ocean with a cannonball strapped to each foot. Your running out of breath, and to make matters even worse, I Great White Shark has just spotted you and is starting to swim over. What do you do?

Imagine your stuck on the bottom of the ocean with a cannonball strapped to each foot. Your running out of breath, and to make matters even worse, I Great White Shark has just spotted you and is starting to swim over. What do you do?
Stop Imagining.

You travel one mile due south, then one mile due east and then one mile due north to return to your starting place. You are not at the north pole. Where are you.
South Pole?

Back