Kate 2.0

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VernK

Member/Vendor
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Kate 2.0 will debut at the LDRS launch this week. Be sure to stop by the Multitronix canopy and check out the new hardware.

The new Kate 2.0 tracker features a GPS with unlimited altitude capability. It can be used to track extremely high altitude flights and capture the maximum altitude with GPS precision. Existing trackers are limited to 50km (164K feet) maximum GPS altitude.

There is also an optional add-on pyro board that provides deployment and staging capability. This means an apogee event can now be fired with GPS precision even at altitudes that reach into space. In fact, all deployment and staging events can be triggered directly off GPS data. An accelerometer, 3-axis gyro, barometric pressure sensor, timer and even manual command can also be used as back-up redundant triggers. Furthermore, all pyro events can be easily configured using a simple user interface on the Kate receiver. No computer is needed.

Initial availability will be limited to just the LDRS and BALLS launches. General availability will start after the BALLS launch on or about Oct 1, 2019.

Many more details are available on the Multitronix website: www.multitronix.com

before I update my receiver, is there any improvement or downside to running the new firmware with the old transmitters?
There are no benefits to using the new receiver firmware with old transmitters. In fact, there is kind of a downside in that you will need to disable the pyro board go/no-go checklist during launch setup when using old transmitters. I would recommend just staying with the existing firmware until you upgrade to a new Kate 2.0 transmitter.

Does Kate 2.0 have to be paired with a Mx120 receiver, or can third-party receivers be made to work it as well?

Latest posts

Back