K and S Rockets site pushing to eBay now....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty rotten, did not even complete someones order with the last one anybody will ever see. Son or no son, there is only one person to blame!!!

To further confuse things, Holsopple is the same town that Rocketry Warehouse is located in.

Additionally, looking at the other items he has sold (by searching through his feedback), it's all K&S products or builds featured here on the forum, like the 4" Bull Pup.

I'd be careful about drawing other companies into the discussion -- there's been no indication of a tie between K&S and any of the others.

-Kevin

I'd be careful about drawing other companies into the discussion -- there's been no indication of a tie between K&S and any of the others.

-Kevin

Agreed. I just found it coincidental. I deflected any connection by stating said eBay user sells only K&S stuff.

Love Rocketry Warehouse, no malice intended.

I think it sucks that there are folks still waiting for their Viper kits and low and behold they show up on Ebay. I believe Pro70 IS Scotts son. I purchased one of his Av-bays a few months back and got quick delivery.

It's truly sad to see this kind of thing happen with a vendor.
K&S has turned his attentions to kart racing.
By no mean am I defending him for his lack of follow through on promised orders.

I bought a some chutes and a Goblin kit from him without issue.
I do remember that he turned his rocket business over to his son just before things took a turn for the worse.

He has a FB page for his new venture:
https://www.facebook.com/KandSRacing
and K&S fabracations.

JD

Here's a quote from the seller:
"Model rocket of the Viper Mk IV. Rocket is 4" dia and stands 48" tall. This has a 54mm motor mount and has a electronics bay built in the nose. This rocket has a lot of detail and is one of a kind. This need to be finished (install fins, fillet and paint). Hate to sell it but have to sell to cover medical bills."

JD

If I am not mistaken, one of the "missing" 4" vipers is currently on sale on eBay

Maybe someone should contact eBay and explain to someone in charge what he is doing and how he has promised to sell these kits to other people who have already paid, but chooses to take their money instead and sell the kit(s) on eBay.

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ebay.com/ocs/cuhome?from_ocs=1&ocssignin=true

If I'm out of line let me know, but based on this thread isn't that exactly what is happening? I don't have a dog in this race, but I do care about you guys and would like to see some closure or resolution to all of this.

Last edited:
Maybe someone should contact eBay and explain to someone in charge what he is doing and how he has promised to sell these kits to other people who have already paid, but chooses to take their money instead and sell the kit(s) on eBay.

If I'm out of line let me know, but based on this thread isn't that exactly what is happening? I don't have a dog in this race, but I do care about you guys and would like to see some closure or resolution to all of this.
That's not Ebays problem, they wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Yup that is the same one he was building on here. Definately. I changed my 2.6 into a Mk IV (with the strakes, and the wing embellishments) and he liked the idea, so his was going to be a Mk IV too. There are only two of the Mk IV's out there, my 2.6" and this 4".

Other than the fact that this should technically be owed to someone, or at least offered to one of the guys who still await theirs..... tempting

I will tell you that he has been good about shipping off ebay. I have followed the orders on eBay and they appeared to have all been filled. Unfortunately, that does not help us.

And it sold. Hopefully, he uses the cash to make some rockets.

It looked nice, but I couldn't have made my self buy it knowing about all those that were screwed by the preorders of the Viper. I got my 2.6" in his first run and was probably one of the first to receive theirs before things went south.

I will tell you that he has been good about shipping off ebay. I have followed the orders on eBay and they appeared to have all been filled. Unfortunately, that does not help us.

So at what point can we make an exception to the rule about talking bad about vendors on the forum??

I almost want to buy the Viper on e-bay just so I can leave bad feedback! then file a claim on paypal saying "item not as described"
I wouldn't actually do that but It might make him think about what he has done to other GOOD people here!

YOu know the item has sold. BUT if you click on "see original ad" you can see it how it started.. then you can scroll down to "ask seller a question"

Once you do that.. you can send a note to seller... I think we ALL need to log into e-bay and send him a note about how we really feel.

and whomever bought the rocket.. if you are on TRF. think about what you are doing.. do you really want to help this guy out??

Sorry if I have offended anyone.. but at this point I think we ALL deserve to say what we feel... not the happy happy joy joy version like we are asked to! :gavel:

Last edited:
He has a FB page for his new venture:
https://www.facebook.com/KandSRacing
and K&S fabracations.

Took a look at the FB page and check out this latest post from K&S:

Sat night started out good till we got screwed in the feature. Proved that the kart that was in front was illegal but yet was told they still win. WTF is that. Needless to say Troy and his track (Cove Valley) can kiss my ass because I will never spend another dime supporting his track. Gotta love being f#@ked by cheaters. Hope cheating makes them sleep better.

Talk about calling the kettle black!

I'm sorry about all the people on here that didn't get their kits, but I believe in KARMA and what comes around goes around. It may not be tomorrow, a week or year from now, but at some point it's going to get back to him ...like getting hit in the face with an 18lb sledge!! Sammy Hagar says it best ...

[video=youtube;-uNkZ2NeBtY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uNkZ2NeBtY[/video]

If that rocket was sold and paid for and now resold the second he puts it in the mail e has committed a rather serious crime.

good luck proving that.

leaving negative feedback or comments via "ask seller a question" won't do anything either. ebay will just remove them.

unfortunately it looks like you guys got screwed. :(

Took a look at the FB page and check out this latest post from K&S:

Sat night started out good till we got screwed in the feature. Proved that the kart that was in front was illegal but yet was told they still win. WTF is that. Needless to say Troy and his track (Cove Valley) can kiss my ass because I will never spend another dime supporting his track. Gotta love being f#@ked by cheaters. Hope cheating makes them sleep better.

Talk about calling the kettle black!

I understand his families move to another hobby. I used to collect Civil War bullets. I keep a forum up and running. I do that as a service to my old customers. I delivered every order sent to me. Hopefully, he does the same.

I also had a chuckle at his post on Facebook.

I see his facebook page is public - those who he owes should litter it up.

I wouldn't do that, no need to get his son involved, which is mostly what his facebook page is about. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or detective to figure out who's ebay account (almost 15 years old) it is, or who was really managing K&S Rocketry all along. We've been hogwashed!!!!

You guys should litter it up. Why not? Who cares...he certainly doesn't. He's done a lot worse to a lot of people on here. I would call it pay back. Let everyone know on his facebook page what a real jerk he is and the way he treats other people! Who cares if it's his son's page or not.

Last edited:
I am not sure it will resolve anything but it might make you feel better.

I saw the viper and tought I might buy it then I realized what the definition of insanity is.......

Back