K and S Rockets site pushing to eBay now....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Through out my years as a BAR there have been a few (once) great rocketry vendors that decided to call it quits, and did not give a damn about fullfilling remaining orders after taking money and would not even refund the money. Pretty Rotten, Pretty Damn Low, to us rocketeers who once appreciated having the opportunity to buy and enjoy their products.

Through out my years as a BAR there have been a few (once) great rocketry vendors that decided to call it quits, and did not give a damn about fullfilling remaining orders after taking money and would not even refund the money. Pretty Rotten, Pretty Damn Low, to us rocketeers who once appreciated having the opportunity to buy and enjoy their products.

You hit the nail on the head and worse yet they get away with it!!! Well I always believed in Karma. As they say what goes around comes around!!

I`m really surprised about Texas Rocketry to tell the truth ,very surprised !

I`ve had several deals with Shane privately and with Texas Rocketry and never had problems.My last purchase with TR was last December ,all was great ,then It seems things went South shortly there after.

Makes a person wonder what goes wrong ,and why they just disappear ? Perhaps they get too far behind and then feel they cannot face their peers in public ,perhaps due to pride or shame, which is too bad ,as I`m sure we would understand and stand behind them in their time of need and forgive them and give them time to make things right.Afterall ,they are/were our friends.

I don`t know ,but it is sad.

paul T

Last edited:
Did anyone who was badmouthing him in these threads get their shipment in that last round? I wonder if he's secretly reading this and shipping accordingly.

If he is he's still a rat... just because someone says something you don't like doesn't mean you don't owe them product that they've paid you for...

It's pretty simple actually... someone sends you money for a product your offering for sale-- for whatever reason you can't deliver-- then either refund the money or communicate with the person and tell them honestly when you CAN deliver on your end of the deal...

Simply dropping out of sight and keeping the money isn't acceptable... I don't know why anybody would think that it is...

Later! OL JR :)

A reminder here folks. Keep it civil. Keep it firsthand. If you haven't ordered and can't speak about YOUR experiences, don't pile on. that's the sort of thing that gets threads locked and this thread is important enough that I'd really rather not do that.

This thread has done some good. My next rocket will be from Wildman. And even though I've never been good at making rockets look good (naked works for me), I'm going to figure out something to buy from Stickershock.

Joe

If he is he's still a rat... just because someone says something you don't like doesn't mean you don't owe them product that they've paid you for...

It's pretty simple actually... someone sends you money for a product your offering for sale-- for whatever reason you can't deliver-- then either refund the money or communicate with the person and tell them honestly when you CAN deliver on your end of the deal...

Simply dropping out of sight and keeping the money isn't acceptable... I don't know why anybody would think that it is...

100% agree with you JR!!!

100% agree with you JR!!!

Well, I'd think that much would be simple common sense, but then again, I guess I better shut up... After all I wouldn't want to be accused of "piling on" for pointing out the simple truth... :eyeroll::facepalm:

Sometimes I forget nobody is allowed to have an opinion around here or state the truth without it offending someone, and we simply CANNOT have that...

Sometimes I forget nobody is allowed to have an opinion around here or state the truth without it offending someone, and we simply CANNOT have that...

Well, you CAN have and express your opinion here, as long as it is done civilly . Which you have done JR..And for that, I thank you:clap:

Now, opinion and fact are not always one and the same..Try to remember that..

Opinions are like .... oh wait that might offend. I appreciate everyone's opinions. The only reason I keep coming back to the thread is I hope we all get our purchases filled.

Well, you CAN have and express your opinion here, as long as it is done civilly . Which you have done JR..And for that, I thank you:clap:

Now, opinion and fact are not always one and the same..Try to remember that..

Actually, you can't (or at least shouldn't). There are other places on TRF where you are absolutely free to express your opinion (and we know that everyone does), but in this particular forum, posters are specifically asked to stick to the facts and speak only from personal experience with the vendor.

Vendor Complaints Policy

Our vendors are the lifeblood of our hobby -- without them, we have no products to enjoy. As such, TRF's management has established the following policy in an effort to make sure that vendors are treated fairly, while at the same time, allowing members to express legitimate concerns.

5) If you are not directly involved in the transaction, stay out of it. The exception is those offering possible constructive routes to resolution. Posts by those not directly involved, which are not offering ideas on resolution, or asking for clarification of the issue, will be removed. Repeat violators will receive infractions. Being a "long time friend" of either party doesn't mean you're involved. Posting "on someone's behalf" isn't acceptable, either. If someone has a reason they can't post to the forum, they need to contact a staff member, not a forum member.

6) Post only things that are current. No dredging up the past. Don't air dirty laundry.

Actually, you can't (or at least shouldn't). There are other places on TRF where you are absolutely free to express your opinion (and we know that everyone does), but in this particular forum, posters are specifically asked to stick to the facts and speak only from personal experience with the vendor.

Our vendors are the lifeblood of our hobby -- without them, we have no products to enjoy.

I guess in this case even with them you have no products to enjoy! :lol::lol:

Guys, Scott once again has stopped emailing. I am planning on writing a blog article on this. I will protect your identity.

If you could, please send me a list of what he owes you and a value.

It will not get you back what you paid, but it will highlight it to prevent others from ever buying from him again.

Guys, Scott once again has stopped emailing. I am planning on writing a blog article on this. I will protect your identity.

If you could, please send me a list of what he owes you and a value.

It will not get you back what you paid, but it will highlight it to prevent others from ever buying from him again.

Where will the blog be posted? I think everyone on here knows enough never to buy from him. Maybe getting it posted / listed in other areas would also help? Rocket magazines etc. IDK? Just my :2:

I will post that soon. I want to gatehr the info first to be able to post some data on it.

I will post that soon. I want to gatehr the info first to be able to post some data on it.
I guess my question is "what more will a blog post accomplish that posting on the forum hasn't already?"

The guy has switched his focus to selling on eBay. People generally won't google a company before buying on eBay, and even then your blog won't be prioritized above the actual exact match.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I think what's been done is done. You can go after him until you're blue in the face, but I fear all you will get out of it is a blue face. Unless you take him to court for post fraud, I think he's laughing straight to the bank.

I think Chuck is doing this more as a "bad vendors" list of sorts ,and to be avoided.

I also think the aformentioned vendors should be removed from the Vendors on TRF "sticky" ,if that`s possible.

Paul T

I think Chuck is doing this more as a "bad vendors" list of sorts ,and to be avoided.

I also think the aformentioned vendors should be removed from the Vendors on TRF "sticky" ,if that`s possible.

Paul T

This is correct. I plan to set up a rocketry reviews site that centers on good and bad vendors. I want a place where people can post their experiences. It will be a blog type format.

My efforts are not to punish, but to protect and prevent. I want to see a place to share information on your purchases. Since I purchase a lot, I think I am a great person to administer the site.

Looks like one of the K&S kits, but it's being sold by someone who actually received theirs and started construction.
Had K&S had a kit up for sale on ebay, would have been a different story! ;)

R

If I am not mistaken, one of the "missing" 4" vipers is currently on sale on eBay
yao-ming-scared.jpg

Looks like one of the K&S kits, but it's being sold by someone who actually received theirs and started construction. Had K&S had a kit up for sale on ebay, would have been a different story! ;) R
Look at the item location. May look familiar...

Last edited:
Isn't Pro70 the same chap with the av- bays a while ago? I think it mite be his son, whom, according to Scott (or rumour), is not having anything more to do with "K&S". Even a prototype kit would help fulfill orders. I don't want to turn on Scott, as he's always been good to me. I accept sometimes life is rough and you get screwed in the best of intentions. All I know is I'm out 70 bucks (since March) and as far as I'm concerned ( God knows I've tried to be legitimate) I can now clone the av-bay with a reasonably clear conscience. I've tried to keep the faith and I'd buy more if I could-but I can't. If anyone has one to sell, I'm your new customer. I just feel sorry for Scott this has imploded so badly, but just a little communications would have helped. The lines are open and operators are standing by.....

According to Google Maps, 5.2 miles apart.

Something is rancid in PA, methinks....

-Kevin

Latest posts

Back