July 7th MMMSC + CMASS Joint Launch Breakfast And Beyond

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't make breakfast, but will definitely be at the launch if the weather is good.

Given favorable winds and Roberts Vanful-O-Rocket-Goodies, I'll try to squeeze in my Level 2 flight attempt.

I'll see you all there!

Mike

Good Luck Mike!

I may be able to attend. Depends on how far along I am in preparing for LDRS...

If you want any special orders (parts, accessories, etc.) just pop me an email with details and I will bring it if I am able to make it.

I won't be there this time around. I have to work. The next launch I will be able to attend will be the Acton launches in August. I will also be in Amesbury as well for the anniversery launch. I hope everyone has a great time on Saturday. Fly them safe, fly them high, fly them often. To those certifying on Saturday, good luck on the flights, and if they are successful, congratulations.

If you do come can you throw in a pkg. of BT50 to BT60 CR? Cardboard, fiber board?

Thanks
Scott

I am watching the weather and will post and put a message on my phone for Sat. morning. 207-450-1336

Unless something changes, I will be there and fly a new scratchbuild on an H165.

Lost my Astron Skydart in a 4th of July Family launch! Nooooo!!! :( So much for a glider flight this weekend... Guess I'm going to have to build another one.

I may have gotten a small amount of spectator interest at my place of work. Most of them have children about "rocket" age, so I can't wait to show them the absolute best way to spend an allowance...

Also finished my Sunward Pyramid ("King Tut's"). A nice F26 should make some nice, low, burnt rubber BlackJack smoke :D

Scott,

Bring some more of that special yellow string, I'm getting low! lol!

Daniel

I'll be there, I'm bringing a LOC Starfighter, which will probably fly on an F-40.

Looks like the weather will be favorable! A little cloudy perhaps but 8 mph winds but no lightning is always good!

I think that we'll see the first flight of the Warrior on a H100 imax!

On the field. It's muggy but very calm and rockets are landing close :)

Here's a pix of my booth, the field and a group of, rather unstable rocket folk... LOL

image-3036551171.jpg

image-3243863765.jpg

image-478716768.jpg

Another great launch day at MMMSC / CMASS in Berwick!

A bunch of awesome flights! Someone put up what looked like a ultimate wildman on a M but it came down in the trees. Does anyone know if it was recovered? Beautiful flight just an unfortunate landing.

There were a few lost rockets today, including my Arreaux. If anyone finds it let me know! I am not thinking that I'll see it again but you never know. More than anything I just want the case and camera back but whatever. Part of the deal, right?

I have some pictures that I'll post later. There were some great flights and some fantastic rockets! I loved the BSD Thor that went up. Classic. Hope everyone had a great time! A good warm up for LDRS.

These shirts were brought to my attention too late... Classic haha

Solid day of flying, even though I lost my Buffalo along with its Adept22. Lessons learned include: When doing DD, just go for it... it's better to have pieces of a rocket than none at all. Also, When checking altitude on a simulator, keep your units straight. 855 meters is not 855 feet. I believe NASA lost a probe on the surface of mars this way :eyeroll: At least I make the same mistakes the big guys do (even if it's incredibly stupid).

Loss of this nice, expensive rocket led me to purchase an EZI. If you loose a big rocket, it's just an excuse to get a bigger one :D

Did the giant rocket that flew on an M ever get recovered from the trees? I nearly cried when I saw it drifting over there. Thing flew like a champ.

I had a great time at the launch! I flew my new scratchbuild on a G76. It really needs more power next time, so it will either fly on an H128 or an H165. It was nice meeting some people that I have been talking with online. I guess it was awseiger who wanted to see the nosecone, sorry to the random stranger that I asked. This was probably the best launch in Berwick that I have been to! I got a video of both the M and of my flight. I will get them on Youtube in just a second.

[video=youtube;IpC8KFoeVkE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpC8KFoeVkE[/video]
That was my flight for the day.

Jim, did you get any other pictures today?

I guess this explains the giant holes in the welding blanket.
peter.jpg

Eggplant - that was me asking about your rocket while loading up my truck! Apologies - I meant to check it out earlier in the day but it is amazing how fast time passes while launching and searching!

So here a few launches from the day:

The Sumo on a H163 White Thunder. Nice motor and a great flight!
DSC_1532.jpg

My arreaux on a G64-10. Great liftoff! Unfortunately I think that it drifted into New Hampshire:
DSC_1551.jpg
The last time anyone saw this rocket on the way up! Oh well if you don't want to lose your rocket get a train set!
DSC_7278.jpg

The Utimate Wildman going up on the M motor before heading into the trees on the way down. It was a beauty of a flight!
DSC_1570.jpg

My flight line neighbor's rocket heading up on a very nice red motor.

DSC_1580 (1).jpg

DSC_1581 (1).jpg

DSC_1582 (1).jpg

OK wrapping up:

My 5 year old son's Pencil rocket going up on a B4-4. He was so excited to launch this rocket today. He put in the motor, the plug and the wadding. He carried it over to the table and handed in the card and rocket. He then put it on the rod and I hooked up the igniter for him.

The hardest part was waiting for them to get to pad 11! But I do love a good liftoff shot even on a little B
DSC_1587.jpg

My Estes Phoenix going up on an E11-J. Finally. Over the last 2 launches I have tried to light this motor up about 10 times. I finally "took care of it" with a fat lighter and some special sauce in the slot.
DSC_1600.jpg

Finally, one of billspad's hybrids going up. I really enjoyed watching the hybrids take to the skies! Thanks for lighting those up Bill!
DSC_7312.jpg

Thanks for watching! It was a hoot!

Eggplant - that was me asking about your rocket while loading up my truck! Apologies - I meant to check it out earlier in the day but it is amazing how fast time passes while launching and searching!

So here a few launches from the day:

The Sumo on a H163 White Thunder. Nice motor and a great flight!
View attachment 89415

My arreaux on a G64-10. Great liftoff! Unfortunately I think that it drifted into New Hampshire:
View attachment 89416
The last time anyone saw this rocket on the way up! Oh well if you don't want to lose your rocket get a train set!
View attachment 89417

The Utimate Wildman going up on the M motor before heading into the trees on the way down. It was a beauty of a flight!
View attachment 89418

I didn't mean that. Here on TRF, awseiger said that he wanted to see the nosecone that I made, but I didn't know what he looked like, so I asked a random stranger if he was him. It was nice meeting you there too, jsargevt.

NO worries eggplant! Just putting a name with the face. You were there 3 weeks ago and stopped by and was asking questions about my rocket fleet. i was too preoccupied with my L-1 prep that I probably seemed, well, standoffish. Truly not! I was happy to see that you were trying to get others hooked.

Anyhow - I tried to video my VMAX flight. Here is my little video that I whipped up this AM.

[video=youtube;F0yxwHzy5AQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0yxwHzy5AQ[/video]

Not nearly enough good footage to be had! I think that if I'm going to use my DSLR as a videocamera I ought to get a tripod. Admittedly it takes a nice video but I like the stills a little better out of the camera.

Back