Is This The Year?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
Face it. Eventually, we will have a Year where we find Proof of Extra-Terrestrial Life.
Could 2014 be that Year?

I don't know about ET. Weren't we supposed to have a colony on the Moon or Mars by now?

Face it. Eventually, we will have a Year where we find Proof of Extra-Terrestrial Life.
Could 2014 be that Year?
Been there-done that. They are here, on TRF (Terran Recon Force). where do you think Bill Gates, half of Hollywood and nearly all of the Senate lobbyists come from? (Hint: Uranus is too close....)

Watch season 4, E13 and E17 of Farscape and you'll probably see a pretty accurate response to aliens, so long as they come and don't get taken away by the feds to Area 51...

We're not ready.

It's out there, but it won't be reached until society gets its shizz together here.

Been there-done that. They are here, on TRF (Terran Recon Force). where do you think Bill Gates, half of Hollywood and nearly all of the Senate lobbyists come from? (Hint: Uranus is too close....)

You are too funny, where do you get this stuff?

Last edited:
...been here and back again for eons...we are an ongoing biological experiment that "they" occasionaly tweak. That's why there's only been accidental contact and nothing ever so grandious as to dispell rumor. They are here as observers and not to interact.

Thus speaketh the paranoid.

Last edited:
Not enough of us watch "THE HISTORY CHANNEL" - WE are descended from the ET's
The dude with the hair wouldn't lie to us!

We are either descended from them, or we were their slaves, or they engineered us by altering our DNA, or they came here to help us and we misunderstood them as Gods. We are not sure exactly what, but the evidence is EVERYWHERE!

h17C3F563

Last edited:
I love watching that show just because of him, with that wild hair:pop:

I like the show too. The hair is spectacular! My hair can get that way too, so maybe I should get a show...

I like the structure of the show. Each segment lays out some kind of flimsy evidence for a preposterous claim about ancient ETs. Then they do the transition to the next crazy thing with their patented "and if so" statement. Could this one completely ridiculous thing be true? AND IF SO, then could it mean this other completely ridiculous thing is also true? Ancient Astronaut theorists think so! Every show has the "and if so" transition from one nutty idea to the next, never proving the previous claim, but using it to support the next one, on and on, until you've gone completely down the rabbit hole! Fun!

Last edited:
I like the show too. The hair is spectacular! My hair can get that way too, so maybe I should get a show...

I like the structure of the show. Each segment lays out some kind of flimsy evidence for a preposterous claim about ancient ETs. Then they do the transition to the next crazy thing with their patented "and if so" statement. Could this one completely ridiculous thing be true? AND IF SO, then could it mean this other completely ridiculous thing is also true? Ancient Astronaut theorists think so! Every show has the "and if so" transition from one nutty idea to the next, never proving the previous claim, but using it to support the next one, on and on, until you've gone completely down the rabbit hole! Fun!

The whole genre of imitation investigative science programs that proliferate the History Channel etc. these days reminds me of that old Firesign Theater record..."Everything You Know is Wrong!"

FT_eykiw.jpg

Review:
Like the group's other albums, Everything You Know Is Wrong is made up of a series of surreal skits that make satiric comments on contemporary culture. This album addresses and parodies pseudoscientific beliefs of the mid-1970s. Cox (played by Phil Austin) records seminars and assorted reports, similar to books by such authors as Erich von Däniken, which he calls his "mind-breaking records", to promote the "New Age" and other counterculture beliefs ("Dogs flew spaceships! The Aztecs invented the vacation! Men and women are the same sex! Our forefathers took drugs! Your brain is not the boss! Yes! That's right! Everything you know is wrong!").

Last edited:

Very good and accurate description of AA.:)

Just to remind everybody :) quote from the universe today which summarizes this quite nicely "According to astronomers, there are probably more than 170 billion galaxies in the observable Universe, stretching out into a region of space 13.8 billion light-years away from us in all directions.

And so, if you multiply the number of stars in our galaxy by the number of galaxies in the Universe, you get approximately 1024 stars. That’s a 1 followed by twenty-four zeros.

That’s a septillion stars."

Or to put it another way, that's more stars than there is grains of sand on all of earths beaches and deserts

But you all knew that

For me, I don't need proof the numbers do the talking, there is so likely to be extra terrestrial life out there which is very much like us that if we find out just one place of ET life tomorrow (if they like us sent out their own voyager probe perhaps), they wouldn't even exist right now and would have met their own Armageddon, unless they left their own planet and star system

Face it. Eventually, we will have a Year where we find Proof of Extra-Terrestrial Life. Could 2014 be that Year?

You state that as a fact. While in reality it's not.

I do believe there is extra terrestrial life out there - somewhere - but to say we are guaranteed to find it is IMHO plain wrong. To date the Voyagers - the farthest probes from earth - have only just exited our solar system. While that may seem far to us, it's still nothing compared to the vast expanse of the universe. Think about how much farther they would have to travel to reach a planet the could harbour life anything like us. The only way we'll discover extra terrestrial life this year is if they come to us, and with billions (maybe trillions of planets out there; the odds seem pretty slim that it will ever happen (especially when you consider the earth has been around for ~4.6 billion years and so far nothing).

You state that as a fact. While in reality it's not.

I do believe there is extra terrestrial life out there - somewhere - but to say we are guaranteed to find it is IMHO plain wrong. To date the Voyagers - the farthest probes from earth - have only just exited our solar system. While that may seem far to us, it's still nothing compared to the vast expanse of the universe. Think about how much farther they would have to travel to reach a planet the could harbour life anything like us. The only way we'll discover extra terrestrial life this year is if they come to us, and with billions (maybe trillions of planets out there; the odds seem pretty slim that it will ever happen (especially when you consider the earth has been around for ~4.6 billion years and so far nothing).

I don't thing anybody's been looking for 4.6 billion years.

Back