Is It possible to add Boosters in OpenRocket ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montaro

Reaction score
Hello Guys!!

I'm trying to build a rocket with Boosters in Open Rocket, but i don't find a way to add it, is it possible ? or i should draw as fins to calculated the CP ?

Thanks

Hello Guys!!

I'm trying to build a rocket with Boosters in Open Rocket, but i don't find a way to add it, is it possible ? or i should draw as fins to calculated the CP ?

Thanks

I guess you could try a cluster

thanks.

I'm not try to use multistage, i'm try to know the CP of a rocket like the delta or proton. i'm not sure is draw as fin the CP will be the correct !

Would modelling the boosters as if they were 'almost' tube fins give the correct CP? Three seperate fins, one at 0, and then -7deg and +7deg would emulate a tube fin. But the external tanks are not quite tube fins, as they are 'solid' and not hollow, therefore no internal plane. So, try modelling it with just two, one -5deg and one +5deg. My tiny likkle brains says that will estimate the external curvature of the tanks quite well.

There are several ways to skin this cat in OR. One of the better ways I have found is to model the external pods as very thick fins. That gives you the approximate frontal and form drag numbers, but watch out adding too much weight.

FC

Back