OpenRocket OBJ Files is glitched (too large)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperNova-Rocketry

Reaction score
So I exported this part as a OBJ in Openrocket

1709578509297.png

When I opened the file in Autodesk inventor is is 1200cm long as shown here:
1709578636630.png
IS this a glitch with autodesk or openrocket? If its with autodesk it might be harded to solve as this thread wont be able to help with that. I really want to get this fixed in the easiest way possible as I need to send a file to a sponsor who are machining the part for me.

Change the scaling in the OBJ export dialog (click "Show Advanced options"). OBJ files inherently don't have units, but practically all slicers have the convention that dimensions are expressed in mm. Apparently, Inventor doesn't use this convention. So, to fix your issue, change the scaling until it matches what you'd expect. I would think that Inventor uses SI units (in which case the scaling should be set to 1), but since you have a 43 cm tube that is converted to 1200 cm long, you will have to use another scaling.

1709580436787.png

Change the scaling in the OBJ export dialog (click "Show Advanced options"). OBJ files inherently don't have units, but practically all slicers have the convention that dimensions are expressed in mm. Apparently, Inventor doesn't use this convention. So, to fix your issue, change the scaling until it matches what you'd expect. I would think that Inventor uses SI units (in which case the scaling should be set to 1), but since you have a 43 cm tube that is converted to 1200 cm long, you will have to use another scaling.

View attachment 633900
Thank you so much

Back