Internet Explorer problem

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jj94

Reaction score
Ok, so I downloaded Google Chrome a few weeks ago, and I love it. But then there are still times in which I use IE. A problem has been coming up ever since I downloaded Chrome. Usually, when I close a tab or window in IE, something happens and up to 30 some separate windows of IE open up. The windows of IE are the same page as the one that I would close and it's really annoying. Does anyone know what's happening? How can I stop this?

How can I stop this?

Stop using IE. :D

Seriously, have you tried using Firefox as an alternative to IE? That's what I use at home, and would at work if they'd let us install it on our systems, but the IT office standardized on IE. :p

Stop using IE. :D

Seriously, have you tried using Firefox as an alternative to IE? That's what I use at home, and would at work if they'd let us install it on our systems, but the IT office standardized on IE. :p

To tell you the truth, I use all three browsers: IE, Firefox, and Chrome.:lol: But I'd still like to rid myself of this problem. It really is a nuisance.

Josh, Don't know if this is relevant at all, but do you have the latest version of IE installed?

Hard to say but you could have malware or a IE hijack. Do a google search on "multiple ie windows open" and see if any match your problem. Could take some trial and error.

As a start I would make sure you have all the windows updates installed for your os and IE

Back