Indiana Rocketry - Dec 13/14 Ash Grove Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preston,
I would live to see my son's Wild Thang mini on a 5 grain redneck (great name choice). It looks like you have others in line so if there are any extras, let me know.
Unfortunately we don't have hardware either.
Whether we get to fly one or not that's a generous offer. Thank you.

Ok I'll bring all if them with me and the hardware

Preston

Preston, I will take you up on that for at least 1 of the reloads (don't want to be greedy)! And yes, I don't have the hardware for those.

Ok one redneck saved for you as well

I'll send u a PM with my contact info if u need it. I'll be there Sunday only but possibly Saturday too

Preston,
I would live to see my son's Wild Thang mini on a 5 grain redneck (great name choice). It looks like you have others in line so if there are any extras, let me know.
Unfortunately we don't have hardware either.
Whether we get to fly one or not that's a generous offer. Thank you.

Tristar going up on 60+% more NS then last month. Also Little Polish Thunder going up with more power. I hope I can talk Brandon into retreaving them for me so I don't have to be away from the mobile rocket shop for to long.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

Bob,

I think we can talk Brandon into fetching for you, plan on Saturday only for us.

Mike

I need to stop messing with , if something comes up missing Bob may think it was me . Like the Wildman rocket that was found two thunder strucks ago .

I need to stop messing with , if something comes up missing Bob may think it was me . Like the Wildman rocket that was found two thunder strucks ago .
After all this time I know good nature banter.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies

Ok I'll bring all if them with me and the hardware

Preston

Don't hold on to those for me. Things have come up and I need some time at home this weekend to get some projects and problems dealt with. I may make it one day, but... maybe not.

Ok no problem, I usually have extra 38mm grains laying around after casting larger motors. I always bring what I have available in 38mm EX stuff when I go to launches to burn em up. Either way anytime u wanna fly one just let me know!
Don't hold on to those for me. Things have come up and I need some time at home this weekend to get some projects and problems dealt with. I may make it one day, but... maybe not.

In the event that my project gets cut short and I can make it this weekend, does anyone have a 70cm receiver/wand setup that I can borrow?

I will be making the trek from St. Louis to fly to approx. 13k or so feet. Even though I'm younger, my eyes aren't THAT good.

I already have (2) Big Red Bee 70cm transmitters that I would be using.

Weather forecast isn't looking as good now as it did last night. I am going to try to make it Saturday. I can't pass up fairly clear skies and low winds. I may not see that again until the crops are in. However, as I noticed talking to some people this morning, my voice is going bye bye.. Going to hit the Vitamin C hard tonight!

Will be coming on Sat. bringing some Biggies with me, will need a 1515 rail with a very sturdy launch pad. It will be M' tastic launch day for me. Planning on putting up the Ultimate Wild Thang around noon on a 98mm M2500T Blue Thunder. Also will try to put up my Blue Formula 150 on a M1297 white Thunder

Also at the last Ash Grove launch there were two gents who took Photos of the "Ultimate Wild Thang" launch, would appreciate greatly if you can email me and share some of the photos. Thanks.

MWP12_WT3.jpg MWP12_WT1.jpg

Last edited:
I am so sorry but I will not be there. Ring out the old field with all you've got, gents. I will definitely miss the place.

With the call and emails I got about motors and the weather forecast. It should be a great end of the year. I have some items up my sleeve for next year.
Hazmat shipping, 75 and 98mm motors are just a tip of the ice burg.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

Will be coming on Sat. bringing some Biggies with me, will need a 1515 rail with a very sturdy launch pad. It will be M' tastic launch day for me. Planning on putting up the Ultimate Wild Thang around noon on a 98mm M2500T.

Also at the last Ash Grove launch there were two gents who took Photos of the "Ultimate Wild Thang" launch, would appreciate greatly if you can email me and share some of the photos. Thanks.

View attachment 248706 View attachment 248705

That Sir should be M pressive.
Mr. Bob

Just got word. I'm off Saturday!

Bob, looking forward to meeting ya and picking up some goodies. I am not sure when I'll leave yet, but not much to prep at the moment. Will probably button it up tomorrow night and head out around 3am for a 9am arrival at the field. I lose an hour enroute.

Regardless of the weather, what are the chances to use the "rain dates" Dec 20 & 21?

In the event that my project gets cut short and I can make it this weekend, does anyone have a 70cm receiver/wand setup that I can borrow?

I will be making the trek from St. Louis to fly to approx. 13k or so feet. Even though I'm younger, my eyes aren't THAT good.

I already have (2) Big Red Bee 70cm transmitters that I would be using.
I have a 70cm hand held if that will help will be there in the morning

Sense I have an extreme Wildman looking for 21,000' and I do not think we will get skies for that this weekend. I hope they use the rain dates to try again. Built this motor for the last launch on this field :(

Sense I have an extreme Wildman looking for 21,000' and I do not think we will get skies for that this weekend. I hope they use the rain dates to try again. Built this motor for the last launch on this field :(

That is exactly my concern. I don't want to drive out only to find we won't fly. Suggestions?

Weather for Saturday partly cloudy low wind highs in mid 40's. Looks like rocket weather. Sunday clouds building in the PM highs in the low 50's. So cloud cover may be an issue Sunday for the high flights. At least that is the forecast as of now. I checked 2 sites and both were simaler.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies

Back