Hydro Dipping - Anyone try it?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
Got a all fiberglass kit I am going to build this winter and am curious what other folks experiences have been. Looking to do the simple spray a random pattern on the water thing sorta like this:

My biggest concern is finding a bin in the house that is long enough. :headspinning:

My daughter did a hydro-dip of a scarf at a crafts show some years back. It is... really cool. :cool: I think you could make some amazing looking rockets like that. Go for it.

While it's not exactly the same, I started making plastic pen blanks and the fun part was looking at what it looked like before turning vs afterward. At times, the blank looked good at first and then got boring, and other times they went from 'meh' to WOW!!!!

I imagine the process of floating the paint and then dipping the project would have a similar 'opening a present' feeling. Sometimes it'll be a fine bottle of wine and others it'll be a goofy tie. I can give away a bottle of fine wine, so no loss there, but give me a good goofy tie and I'll embarass the wife!!!!

Look forward to seeing the results of the big project!

Sandy.

Latest posts

Back