How to block " Private Caller" ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, my dad never got this... :eyeroll:

Nothing worse than someone who keeps answering their phone when they are already talking to someone on the phone or face to face. RUDE. If they do it a second time, I hang up or walk away. Have some respect for the person you are already in a conversation with. call the other person back. Phone etiquette is out the window these days.

Glad to see I'm not the only one in that boat... my parents leave voicemails on my cell phone that typically go something like this... "Are you there?? Pick up the phone! I need to talk to you... can you hear me?? Pick up the phone!!! "

Yeah... Sure, I can hear ya... a few hour later when I call voicemail... I hear a dimwit is what I hear...

Saddest thing is, I've explained it to them before, that NO I cannot hear you talking to a recorder at the cell phone company somewhere... the voicemail server isn't sitting by my chair, hooked up to a speaker... and yet they STILL do it!!!

Old people... :eyeroll:

Later! OL JR :)

Yeah, my dad never got this... :eyeroll:

Nothing worse than someone who keeps answering their phone when they are already talking to someone on the phone or face to face. RUDE. If they do it a second time, I hang up or walk away. Have some respect for the person you are already in a conversation with. call the other person back. Phone etiquette is out the window these days.

Sounds like my old man...

Here's how a typical phone call will go... doesn't matter if he calls me or I call him...

me- "Hello?"
him- "Hello..."
me- "What's up?"
him- "Hello??"
me- "Yeah, I'm here, whatcha need?"
him- "Hello, Hello??"
me (voice rising and getting PO'd)- "YEAH, WHAT... I'm here! Can you hear me?"
him- "Oh, hi Jeff... well, I was just calling for *whatever*..."

*me* usually pretty disgusted by this point. H3ll half the time he does that routine OVER me while I'm trying to say hello or hey I'm here... I think he just gets a kick out of it. He's got health issues, but deafness isn't one of them... He's famous for "selective hearing" (course being married to my mother, I can't hardly blame him, but still-- use it with HER and her tirades, not me when you friggin' call ME for whatever stupid thing that's bothering you right this minute). I think he just does it to tick me off-- mission successful... but it certainly doesn't endear me to deal with whatever stupid little niggling problem is bugging them at the moment, which to them is invariably an emergency of the highest order; for everyone else in the world it's a minor annoyance or something they can do nothing about anyway...

Old people...

Later! OL JR :)

Latest posts

Back