Hobby Lobby and Estes Olympus

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, I have a couple 3" projects I want to do, and one is an Optima, but I don't have any experience building my own nose cones, so figure I'm gonna have to just buy a plastic equivalent. The Doorknob/Big Daddy cone should do it, but it looks like I'll have to take it out of an existing kit.

Sorry, we're probably getting a bit off topic on this. ^^;

I've visited two different HL's in my neck of the woods (east TN) in the last few days, and they have been rearranging the area where the model rockets, and other hobbies, are found. It appears they are cutting back on the amount of space they are allotting to model rockets, by maybe 25%; bummer. I also noticed that HL took the Olympus off their website in the past week. There were two at the closest HL to me, and I bought one, now have three. So, if anyone wants one they may want to get it ASAP. Is this what you are seeing in your area?
I'll have to check. Months ago when I got back into this and bought a Alpha III kit, the Olympus was on sale for like 10 bux. I should have bought one but didn't, I might have it grab one the next time I go in.

It was early.
Quite a markup. I forgot that Estes was offering it again.
I just ordered several NC-80k from Estes, 4 of them with Tax and shipping brought the price to $7.50 each to my door, a great deal IMO.

Back