Help Identifying

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COSTransplant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
All --

Some sad news to pass on and a request for help. My brother -- just 58 -- passed away on 2/8/23. He loved rocketry and he had two rockets (pictured) that he lost at some point that I would like to identify so that I can build and send up in his honor. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John.

Michael 2.jpg

Last edited:
All --

Some sad news to pass on and a request for help. My brother -- just 58 -- passed awau on 2/8/23. He loved rocketry and he had two rockets (pictured) that he lost at some point that I would like to identify so that I can build and send up in his honor. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John.

View attachment 563319passed away last week

I'm sorry for your loss. Both those rockets where scratch built.

I suspect you are right. I'm guessing that this construction was from when my brother was still highly functioning. I looked up Fisher, but that gave me no leads, and I can't figure out what that contraption is around the smaller rocket.

I suspect you are right. I'm guessing that this construction was from when my brother was still highly functioning. I looked up Fisher, but that gave me no leads, and I can't figure out what that contraption is around the smaller rocket.
I'd be glad to import the photo into CAD and create some drawings you could use to make the rockets, if you'd be ok with that.

It won't be exactly like your brothers... but it'll be tribute worthy.

The hardest thing about this -- well, as far as rocketry is concerned -- is that by the end, he could not remember how he built his earlier rockets or assembled the electronics for them. Ugh. Thank you all for your kind words, they have been much appreciated.

Last edited:
All --

Another rocket from my brother's pile that I am trying to identify and make flight worthy. I am 99 percent sure this one is a kit, but I'm not sure which one. There is no parachute attached, so I need to know the rocket so I can figure out what parachute to use.

HELP!

Attachments

• Unidentified Rocket.jpg
    Unidentified Rocket.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 0
All --

Some sad news to pass on and a request for help. My brother -- just 58 -- passed away on 2/8/23. He loved rocketry and he had two rockets (pictured) that he lost at some point that I would like to identify so that I can build and send up in his honor. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John.

View attachment 563319

he looks like he had a great day in this picture.

the red rocket I agree looks scratch built. If those pods really DID fall off, Apogee sells a strap on booster device, but each pair is not cheap. And if anyone can figure out a way to make it stable, it’s @lakeroadster

I hope your work on these brings back great memories of the good times.

https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocket-Kits/Skill-Level-2-Model-Rocket-Kits/Strap-on-Booster-Pods

Back