Hangar 11?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codysmith

Reaction score
I put in an order with Hangar 11 about 2-3 weeks ago. I go the notification that the money was taken out of paypal, but I never got a shipping notice or anything. I emailed him a few days later to which I got a prompt reply stating that he just got back from vacation and that he was going to start working on orders. It has been almost 2 weeks since then, I emailed him 2 days ago asking what was going on and I haven't gotten a reply. Does anyone know what's going on? I'm getting worried because most of the products on the website were OOS at the time so I am worried it is a non-existent company and that I wasted $30. I guess I just need some reassurance that this is okay.

If you don't get back from him you should start a paypal dispute to get your money back.

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

If you don't get back from him you should start a paypal dispute to get your money back.

That's probably what I'll do. It's a bummer, I really wanted that motor and the motor retainers I ordered.

What motor did you want?? The retainers look cool:)

I put in an order with Hangar 11 about 2-3 weeks ago. I go the notification that the money was taken out of paypal, but I never got a shipping notice or anything. I emailed him a few days later to which I got a prompt reply stating that he just got back from vacation and that he was going to start working on orders. It has been almost 2 weeks since then, I emailed him 2 days ago asking what was going on and I haven't gotten a reply. Does anyone know what's going on? I'm getting worried because most of the products on the website were OOS at the time so I am worried it is a non-existent company and that I wasted $30. I guess I just need some reassurance that this is okay.

Hangar 11 is a real company. They have been around for a long time. I have always had good response from them, but I haven't ever ordered out-of-stock product like you did.

Pick up the phone and give Bobby a call, he's a good guy. His number is all over the front page of his website.

definitely call him. Don't jump the gun. Phone call can resolve a lot of issues. It's weird how technology has changed us from picking up the phone. Most people want to email or text.

Never ever pick up the phone and call a vendor to see what is going on. If you don't get an immediate smart phone ready response, make sure you file a dispute and always post about how dishonest the vendor is...

These small businesses need to be taught a lesson about not keeping up with the latest technology to service our burgeoning need for instant gratification.

Seriously, Bobby is a good guy and probably had to order what you asked for if it was listed as out off stock.

What I don't understand, is that the products I ordered were not out of stock. I purposely made sure I got the in stock ones. Also, I'm not posting how bad of a vendor he is. I was just asking if I should be worried or not. I ordered the retainers and I believe I got the f40-4 reload, and a 38mm MMT. It was about $30 worth of supplies and I apologize if I am bashing his reputation, I just don't understand why I am not getting a response or anything.

What I don't understand, is that the products I ordered were not out of stock. I purposely made sure I got the in stock ones. Also, I'm not posting how bad of a vendor he is. I was just asking if I should be worried or not. I ordered the retainers and I believe I got the f40-4 reload, and a 38mm MMT. It was about $30 worth of supplies and I apologize if I am bashing his reputation, I just don't understand why I am not getting a response or anything.

I'm not making an excuse for Bobby, but a lot of these guys run a one man operation and we aren't sure how many orders he has to fill or even if he is in town? I would just call and try to get your issues resolved.

Guys, let's not beat on the OP -- he posted, asking if anyone might have any ideas.

The right answer is to do what a few did, and encourage him to pick up the phone and try giving Bobby a call, not beat him up for asking.

Not to mention, it's been a couple weeks. This isn't a case of a customer being impatient. Desiring some reassurance after a couple weeks isn't unreasonable.

-Kevin

My apologies

I grow annoyed at what seems to be a constant litany of "I placed an order and want the kind of tracking you get from billion dollar firms like Amazon". I think I was really annoyed not by the OP, but by the first respondent who immediately went with contesting the charges.

My apologies

I grow annoyed at what seems to be a constant litany of "I placed an order and want the kind of tracking you get from billion dollar firms like Amazon". I think I was really annoyed not by the OP, but by the first respondent who immediately went with contesting the charges.

I agree "H" well said!

Well... got a response. It turns out that everything got really messed up with the order. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but he refunded me my $30 and I consider it all done and done. Thanks for the responses.

Back