• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Flightsketch Mini - Will take winning lottery ticket as alternative

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These should have been priced at $85 a pop (which would have been worth it, as anyone who has ever used one can attest to)

Is this company still in business, or are they just victims of the supply chain?

These should have been priced at $85 a pop (which would have been worth it, as anyone who has ever used one can attest to)

Is this company still in business, or are they just victims of the supply chain?
Russ (@gtg738w) is still around. But some key part is still elusive for the Mini. I presume the same is true for the Comp, or some of these would be for sale.

I certainly wouldn't begrudge him going back up to the initial production price of $40 on the Mini, or more if he has to redesign it around the parts problems....even though part of the idea was to make something inexpensive enough that fear of losing it wouldn't be a deterrent to actually using the thing.

I suspect it's the bluetooth feature that makes the FS Mini hard to find. There's a reason that small altimeters w/o bluetooth functionality are still readily available (MicroPeak, for example), while the FS Mini or Jolly Logic AltimeterThree have been out of stock for ages...

Bluetooth modules are the kind of thing that are hard to come across right now, and they go EOL very quickly as new devices are released (typically with a smaller footprint... consumer devices are driving this). Hopefully John and Russ can work around this... it's a challenge for sure.

Russ (@gtg738w) is still around. But some key part is still elusive for the Mini. I presume the same is true for the Comp, or some of these would be for sale.

I certainly wouldn't begrudge him going back up to the initial production price of $40 on the Mini, or more if he has to redesign it around the parts problems....even though part of the idea was to make something inexpensive enough that fear of losing it wouldn't be a deterrent to actually using the thing.

Funny enough, the price on the site was updated to $40 yesterday. Hopefully, that means more units are in the pipe.

And also funny enough, I spent a good hour or more on Saturday tromping through pastures and hopping over barbed wire, dodging cow pies and fire ants and keeping an eye out for copperheads, carrying the club's stack-a-poles with a hook on the end to get my rocket out of a tree. I'd have left it there as a sacrifice to the tree gods if it hadn't had my irreplaceable FS Mini in it.

I know exactly what you mean SolarYellow! I lost my Wizard with an FS Mini up in the nosecone back in December. Launched it on a Q-Jet D20 (What was I thinking......????) I was trying to hit 2,000 feet............ I digress. I never saw it after it left the pad. I spent 18 days (every day after work) hiking through the desert in all different directions looking for it. Like you, I wanted (NEEDED) that FS Mini back. Sure, I loved that little Wizard, but that wasn't priority. I really needed that altimeter back! Well, lo and behold, after 18 days, I just happened to walk up on it. It was a couple hundred yards from the pad, but came down under chute. It survived strong winds and even a rainstorm during it's time out there. Fresh battery in the FS Mini brought it back to life! Whew!!!!!! Crises averted!

I appreciate your story as well! I wonder how many others have sacrificed life and limb to get their FS Minis back???!!!!!

The day I lost it:

The day I found it:

Back