****FIREWORKS****

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one seems totally fake, as 0.1 seconds after lighting it in front of a positioned camera, he over projects confusion and surprise. It was a stunt for views in my opinion.

This one seems more legit, as it seems to have poor planning and people grabbing kids to get out of the way of said poor planning and was caught by a ring camera or similar, most likely.

Either way the denominator is going down, not up. . .I thought society would end one or two generations after I was gone. . . seems like I need to reset my assumptions.

Sandy.
Are people really that stupid?? OMG what the heck is wrong with people? Do they not have any common sense whatsoever? This is why you don't let idiots or drunks play with these things. You attend a "professional" firework display. Its sad because it looks like someone may have been inquired, if not that some serious property damage. The first one above why would anyone lite anything in their house. That's is just ignorance beyond comprehension.!!

We have 4 or 5 permanent fireworks stores. I have seen U-Haul trucks parked there loading up. For 4 to 6 weeks before the 4th it gets busier and busier. I have seen lines around the buildings. Most have some kind of deal. Buy one get two more or buy one get 3 more. In years past the Inyo {California} county Sheriff would sit across the street fromthe first store you come to from California in a marked car recording all the California plates. The other Sheriffs would wait across the border for them. It was a large fine and confiscation. The California border is 3 miles from my house and about 7 miles from the center of town. Nevada used to do the same thing. At the top of the pass going into Vegas is a National Forest. The Rangers and State Police would stop everyone coming from Pahrump looking for fireworks. Getting caught with fireworks in the National Forest was a giant fine. The police would bring 40' trailers up there to put the fireworks in. In Nye county where Pahrump is it's legal to sell. You used to have to sign a paper that said you have to leave the county with your fireworks in 24 hours. Now the town has a designated launching area for people to use. Most don't though. We haven't had any significant rain in months. The desert is bone dry and the idiots are shooting fireworks off next to their houses. Every year there are brush fires. We have been lucky that the have only burned a few acres. The idiot on the next street over shoots fireworks off almost every year. Right over the desert. I'm surprised he hasn't started a fire. It seems the ones he buys don't go more than 100 feet before bursting. The sparks bouncing off the ground. Moron. I have stood in my front yard and watched dozens of places shooting them off. Some of these guys go for hours. The guy across the desert was shooting them off randomly until midnight. Years ago I bought all kinds of shells and mortar tubes, etc. Never made any. I didn't want a bunch of flash powder laying around. Now if I was 45 years younger I would have done it. With age comes wisdom.

Ha! Brilliant observation.
FWIW on firecrackers...

It may be labeled M50, M90, M100, M1000, or M-zillion. Makes little or no difference AFAIK. Consumer firecrackers in the US are permitted a maximum of 50 mg of powder (no, it's not blackpowder). No doubt some imports stretch the limit a little, and the precise composition used probably makes a little difference. (All the crackers I've ever bought clearly contain a bit of something that increases sensitivity and produces an unmistakable odor.)

And possibly a heavier-walled tube increases confinement and loudness of the report.

Regardless, the M in the name generally stands for "marketing". ;)

Best,
Terry
Ha! Brilliant observation. Afaic, they serve no useful function.

Back