The car from your past you miss the most?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It has to be one you owned, okay?

I've had a couple fun ones along the way but geez I sure loved my 1977 Champagne Edition Scirocco. If I could magically get one car back from my past, this would be the one. Four on the floor, Recaros from the factory, Michelin racing tires and Koni struts by me. I'm gettin' misty just thinkin' about it... it was so much fun.

Not my pic but nearly the same as mine

scirocco.jpg

The car we have now is car number 36. I owned a 94 Suburban for 20 years and basically had to sell it about 2 years ago because I have no feeling below the knees. so it really wasn't safe for me to drive, but I'd just like to have it back.
gCNKluY.jpg

I sure loved my 1977 Champagne Edition Scirocco

I love those 1st generations Sciroccos!

My 2nd place: 1985 Mercedes Euro-spec 190E 2.3-16V.

Cosworth top-end, inconel headers, dog-leg 5 speed. All factory. Oil pressure gauge and lap-timer were clues that is wasn't the typical 190. Great fun at redline!
2.3-16.jpg

1st place: my 1975 Alfa Spider. This one, however, rests quietly out back and will return. In time.

I'm only onto my sixth (and likely last) car, so not too many to choose from over the years.

1982 Toyota Celica. Koni shockers, King springs, gold Simmons alloy wheels with Yokohama tyres. A bit underpowered but handled like it was on rails. Very fun car to drive, on and off road, even given the lack of performance. Had that one for five years.

I also fitted 1kW of high-beams, fancy trip computer, CB, overhead console, central locking and electric windows.
Celica.png

^ Stock photo only. I'll try to find a photo of my car...

The car a drove for my driver test was a 1977 Bronco. You could not see the barrel in front or behind me.

The first car I ever owned, a 1965 Chevy Impala. It was the standard one(in picture) not the SS, with a 283 in it. I had it almost 2 years and then was totaled by a drunk driver. The guy ran a stop light going about 40mph in a 25 zone (city) and T boned me. The passenger side was hit and there was a concrete island with a stop light that took out the drivers side. The stop light caved in the roof of the car blowing out every window on the car.
The only injury was to my girlfriends friend that was in the back seat, was a broken leg. The car that hit us pushed in the whole rear side of my car from the rear of the front door back into the inside of the car and that is what broke her leg. Wish I would have taken pictures!!

chevy impala.jpg

Did you say one Kilowatt of headlights? Hard core, man. Hard core.

Years after the Scirocco I had an Audi that I put aircraft landing lights in for the high beams, and I thought I was badass, but they were nowhere near one Kilowatt.

when I was a young man it was common for trucks to have 1 kw+ of light.
Usually one 1 kw set of narrow beams for going fast and second flood light for slow and maybe chasing jackrabbits, but that would be wrong.

Hard choice…

My Honda S600 was a screaming delight with quad carbs from the factory and a 9500 rpm redline. Stock pic, mine was French Blue.

IMG_4263.jpeg

For pure driving pleasure it was my Fiat 128 coupe. Stock pic, same colour.

Adding an Abarth cam and exhaust just made it more fun.

IMG_4264.jpeg

Sold it to buy a 16 valve twin cam Triumph Dolomite Sprint.

Back