The car from your past you miss the most?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mazda B2000 pickup.
I had one of those for awhile, and then after it was T-boned (which sent me on an odyssey to back surgery) a B2600i. Great little trucks. I hope the Ford Maverick that's in our driveway now can halfway live up to those B-series Mazdas. But since it's done less than 2000 miles so far, it's far too early to tell.

2001 Saab 9-5 wagon in Laser Red.

We needed a bigger car when we got a second dog. This car was a "reach" for us, but we loved loved loved it so we sprang for it. (Even that was a good thing, in hindsight. It was the trigger for us to completely reevaluate how we manage our money and set us on the path out of revolving debt.)

Beautiful car, beautiful color, super comfortable, fun to drive, lots of cargo space, and even pretty economical. We'll never find a car we love as much. When it started to become unreliable, we would have replaced it with another new one in a heartbeat if Saab were still around.

We even kept it far past its expiration date with the idea we'd rebuild it sometime, but eventually decided it was better to sell it than to have it rot away and get eaten by rodents in our driveway.

It was incredibly sad to finally let it go 😭

Last edited:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T, Torqueflite, 4.88 rear gear, 426 hemi, blueprinted & balanced, 12.5:1 compression, roller cam, tunnel ram intake, 2 Holley's, etc., ~700hp. 5 mpg on Sunoco 260. Best street racer I ever had - 10.50 @ 133 mph. But I don't have the reaction time to drive like I did then :(

Back