ferrule and wire to use with Featherweight PowerPerch?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S.

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know what AWG guage wire and ferrules to use with the Featherweight PowerPerch?

I have a PowerPerchad n Blue Raven I have never used - still planning and building the rocket for it.

Obviously this would be one of the smaller sizes, but I am not sure which. Do all the altimeters use the same size? 22 AWG seems to be common, but I am not sure if that is what to use with the PowerPerch.

[I have never done dual deployment before, and need to order everything in advance from Amazon or McMaster-Carr.]

Thanks!

@Dave S.

I am not sure what you're asking but I'll answer anyway :)

The Power Perch plugs into the Blue Raven Terminal Block and is attached by tightening the Blue Raven set screws.

I run the leads for my Apogee and Main e-matches thru the aft and forward bulkheads of my AV-Bay, respectively.

Then I seal the bulkhead thru-holes with Hobby Lobby "Simply Tacky" putty.

I connect the leads for my Apogee and Main e-matches directly to the Power Perch Terminal Block in the indicated holes.

The e-match wires are solid-core 24-gauge copper wire so no ferrules are needed ...

I also tie down the e-match leads somehow so there is no strain on the Power Perch Terminal Block when the Drogue and Main eject.

Since I rigged up my Power Perch and Blue Raven on a Plywood Plank with AltAcc standoffs on the underside, I tie the ematch leads to the forward and aft standoffs to prevent any strain on the Power Perch Terminal Block at ejection ...

Does this help ?

-- kjh

Back