Falling Iguanas! What else can 2020 do in its waning hours?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electrocution is one method if they’re sure they can do it without killing other species. There should be a way to scoop them up without throwing your back out or getting smacked in the face.

Some folks are trying that with feral pigs. It's not going well as far as I've heard anywhere. Yet I also hear that the meat is really good. It has (reportedly) a strong flavor that some call gamey but others call pork that actually tastes like something. I hope it's more a slowly growing thing than a failure.
I have eaten wild boar (feral pig) quite a few times and absolutely love it! If you like ham, you'll LOVE wild boar! It tastes much like ham, just with a stronger "hammy" flavor...

If you have a Cabela's anywhere nearby, their cafe serves it on sub sandwiches (they also have elk and bison), which is where I eat it locally. :)

I'll remember to look for that the next time down south. My mother-in-law lives in western South Carolina, and maybe I'll get there post-plague and before she moves away (which was in the works pre-plague).

I have eaten wild boar (feral pig) quite a few times and absolutely love it! If you like ham, you'll LOVE wild boar! It tastes much like ham, just with a stronger "hammy" flavor...

If you have a Cabela's anywhere nearby, their cafe serves it on sub sandwiches (they also have elk and bison), which is where I eat it locally. :)
I gave my neighbor a plate of my Christmas fudge. He reciprocated with 2 bags of Kalua pig. Fortunately, I just happen to have some leftover Poi I bought for the Lau Lau.

1609366708697.png

Back