Estes - Ventris (#9701) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
I built mine mostly according to the instructions...I did however turn the upper section into an Altimeter1 bay.

Attachments

• ventrisdone 001.jpg
    ventrisdone 001.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
that looks sick. i have to get one of those. i dont care that it costs $60. ill go to hobby lobby and get one with a 40% coupon. i have to get one! it will be after i get my ACME spitfire though ;)

if you don't already have one, I could suggest a 29mm rms case and some reloads...a 6 second delay looks about right :).
rex

Two shots of mine - on the pad before the first flight and then with my granddaughter the day after its third flight. Two flights on Estes (Aerotech) F50-6s and one on a Cesaroni G83 set to a 7 second delay (my first 29mm reloadable flight). The altimeter aboard (PerfectFlite Pnut) shows that the 7s delay was ever so slightly short.....but it looked perfect from the ground. 9s would've been too much.

The two F flights went to around 1150 feet. The G to 1710 feet.

VentrisOnPad_smaller.jpg

Ani&Ventris1_smaller.jpg

Last edited:
looks like you got a good 'do' on the roll pattern. nice rocket.
rex

Thanks. The roll pattern looks good if you don't get too close. I was in a hurry to get it done for last weekend and damaged the decal (from Excelsior) trying to get it on.

Both of them look great! I started mine this morning, it's a nice size rocket. Other than replacing the shock cord, I'm going to use rail buttons.

Here are a few shots of mine. It flew this past weekend on an F32-6. The delay was long but it recovered well nonetheless. Next up will be a G flight.

esl 169 007 (Large).jpg

esl 169 005 (Large).jpg

esl 169 006 (Large).jpg

Has Anybody ever noticed this?

The Estes Reflector.

BT-50 body, BT-55 payload 18mm motors.

Very strong family resemblance.estes_reflector_lg.jpg

I'm just saying.

Here are a few shots of mine. It flew this past weekend on an F32-6. The delay was long but it recovered well nonetheless. Next up will be a G flight.

I envy your launchsite! Look at all that flat green grass!

One of my first builds after getting back into model rockets after about a 20 year break. Only one flight so far on a Estes G40-7w and it reached 2038ft.
Itsallgood.jpg

a suggestion. if your ventris is likely to land on a rock hard surface one might want a some what larger chute say 25". 24" is a tad small for landing on pavement.
rex

Welcome to the Estes Ventris (#9701) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Ventris (#9701) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Ventris: #9701

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Ventris (#9701) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Ventris Also known as: Pro Series II Ventris

NUMBER: #9701

Introduced: 2012
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 46.25 in. (117.5 cm)
Diameter: 2.5 in. (6.4 cm)
Span:
Weight: 15.6 oz. (442.3 g)

Mfg. Description: Pro Series II

Awesome is what the Ventris is! Introduced in 2011, the Pro Series II line features "big boy" toys!

The Ventris launches on composite motors and has through the wall fin mounting. An awesome feature to this series is the new quick release motor retention system (Motor Retainer Set - also sold separately). Though massive looking, the construction of this kit is not difficult. Building and finish work can easily be accomplished over a few days.

Sure to be a crowd pleaser, the Ventris is just waiting to be added to your collection! (Estes 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

estes-ventris%209701-2012%20cat%20livery.jpg
2012 Catalog
estes-ventris%209701-2012%20web%20livery.jpg
2012 Web Ad
estes-ventris%209701-2012%20painting%20guide.jpg
2012 Ventris Painting Guide

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

estes-ventris%209701-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads
TheSamurai

TRF Applicable Threads
[https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?46815-The-Ventris-is-finished]Ventris is Finished[/url]
Heavy Ventris

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
a suggestion. if your ventris is likely to land on a rock hard surface one might want a some what larger chute say 25". 24" is a tad small for landing on pavement.
rex

Would 1" really make that much difference?

1" increase in diameter cuts .5 mph off the landing speed, which should reduce the flexing of the body tube quite a bit(and reduce the apperence of spiral lines in the paint).
rex

012-4_zps34762e6a.jpg

Valspar gloss white, Testors bright red gloss and black metallic. Decals are generic wraps that I scaled up and printed on inkjet decal paper, along with a vintage Estes decal from one of the old decal scans at YORS.

Here's mine:
IMG_0010.jpg
Standard paint-scheme with roll-pattern vinyl decals from StickerShock. :)

Back