Estes Pro Series II Mega Der Red Max Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the congratulations. Here is the flight graph from the JL Alt 3

View attachment 291943

Looks like a perfect flight with the CR set to open at 300 or 400 ft. Did your booster spin during the fall before the chute opened?

My last MDRM flight with the JLCR set to 300, had the chute open under 200 ft! However, with only the stock 30" chute, it doesn't slow down much more than it does simply falling in 2 pcs with the fin can spinning. I have a 36" chute that I plan to use with it in the future and hope to slow it down just a bit more.

Last edited:
Looks like a perfect flight with the CR set to open at 300 or 400 ft. Did your booster spin during the fall before the chute opened?

My last MDRM flight with the JLCR set to 300, had the chute open under 200 ft! However, with only the stock 30" chute, it doesn't slow down much more than it does simply falling in 2 pcs with the fin can spinning. I have a 36" chute that I plan to use with it in the future and hope to slow it down just a bit more.

I had the JLCR set to 400' and she didn't spin as badly as the video I had seen. I used a Dinochute 36" chute with a swivel on the chute and she floated down nicely less than a 100 yds from the pad.

Jim,
Have you flown any more motors through your MDRM?
I have a few 29mm loads that I'm thinking about trying in the MDRM. G53-5J, G64-4W, G76-7G, G75J-M, H128W-M, H165R-M and H238T-M. I'll need to shorten the delay on a few of them.
Your descent rate looks perfect under the 36" chute. I plan to change to a 36" too.

Kevin,

I've only flown it once more on an old H97FJ which was supposed to be a 10 second delay which I drilled down to 8 seconds, however, it ended up having an extra four seconds of delay. She opened hard at 262 feet after a 12 second delay but sustained no damage (probably due to OneBadHawk's phenomenal harnesses). Final descent after JLCR opened was at 18 fps. I've got another H128W and an H165R which I'll put her up on one of these days. Working on a NIKE Smoke at the moment and hoping to have it ready for launch in a couple of weeks.

Back