Estes Pro Series II kits on sale at Fry's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, I haven't seen anyone mention this yet. Fry's has the Estes Long Tom available for $9.99. That's about 1/2 of what other stores sell it for. I'm thinking about picking one up to throw in the build pile. I've always wanted to build a 2 stage.

I got one of these at the Estes sale last year. I've never flown a 2-stage rocket, so this should be cool.

Some of the items are still on sale, I bought the NikeSmoke as birthday gift from me to me. Am excited about this build, is the first time am building a rocket that can use an F engine, I hope i don't messed it up.

Some of the items are still on sale, I bought the NikeSmoke as birthday gift from me to me. Am excited about this build, is the first time am building a rocket that can use an F engine, I hope i don't messed it up.

Great kit, flies beautifully. I have flown mine a lot since finishing it. F26 up to G80 (twice, really fun on a G80)...I'm looking at an H135 for it in the near future. Only advice is to beef up the exposed body tube at the aft end a bit with either a piece of coupler epoxied on, or just paint some epoxy on the inner part. Landing damage is probably the biggest threat to this rocket's durability.

I put my Nike Smoke up on a CTI G54 (99% G) over the weekend. The projected altitude was 2300'. It had a 3 second boost and coasted for 9 seconds. The entire flight was really straight and vertical. I didn't realize that the red long burn motor barely had any smoke. It was hard to see and almost impossible to catch on video. I don't know that I'd want to use anything bigger than a small H in one of these. You can barely see the 24" chute at 2300'.

Is their a frys in Florida? And if not is their still any leviathan's left?

you can check for local stores and availability from their website. However, it looks like the Leviathan isn't on sale any more and the closest store to Florida with one in stock is in Duluth, Georgia.

Back