Estes Pro Series II kits on sale at Fry's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone willing to buy a Nike Smoke for me and ship to Colorado? PM me if so. Thanks.

Greg

Is anyone willing to buy a Nike Smoke for me and ship to Colorado? PM me if so. Thanks.

Greg

Why can't you order it online with the same discount? Sure you'll have to pay shipping, but you would be doing the same by a willing RF member.

Why can't you order it online with the same discount? Sure you'll have to pay shipping, but you would be doing the same by a willing RF member.
Actually, you won't pay shipping above about $25 or so. BUT, they aren't shipping the PSII kits, with the exception of the Partizon, and then I think only for the first day or so of the sale.

Actually, you won't pay shipping above about $25 or so. BUT, they aren't shipping the PSII kits, with the exception of the Partizon, and then I think only for the first day or so of the sale.

The Partizon wont ship either... I have tried. There are several things I want, one is a Partizon. :gavel:

I've tried but Nike Smoke kits are in-store only--no online orders. And no Fry's in Colorado.

Yeah, that's why I posted earlier about anybody possibly willing to pick up a kit or two and mail them to me, for a profit!

Yippee just scored 3 more Argents for $12.99. :marshmallow:

This sale is just sick. The parts alone go for more in shipping costs from suppliers. Kit bashing time baby. :w:

Whoops I need to edit this post. Make that 6 total Argents now. Just nailed 3 more from a California store by having my brother order them for pickup near his house. $12.99 is way too good on this size of kit to pass up. This is crazy.

argent.JPG

Last edited:
Fondled a Nike Smoke at the LHS but the $75 price was a bit off-putting.

Think I'd rather have a Madcow fiberglass version for something in that price range.

Mail two of them to colorado!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

There are only 4 Frys stores in the entire US that still have the Nike Smoke. That one went fast. Oxnard, CA; City of Industry, CA; Dallas, TX; Milton, GA.

I tried my Fry's and didn't see any PRO Series kits. There are a few other locations. I'll ship them if I can find them pretty close to me, but I'm not driving to LA to get them or (1) kit. Maybe within Orange County

This is what I found

FRYS.com # items:
qty unit price ext price
7878179 Pro Series II™ Nike Smoke 9704 $63.99 $19.99
Shipping: Available In-Store Only
7878189 Argent 9703 $55.99 $12.99
Shipping: Available In-Store Only
7878209 Ventris 9701 $51.99 $19.99

City of Industry

Last edited:
To find out how many there are of an item in all Frys locations accross the country, put the item in your shopping cart, make sure it is the only thing in the cart, and change the quantity to something big, like 10. Select "Checkout." On the "Find a Store" step, enter your Zip, and then for distance, select "6.2 pc." (I don't know what that means, but it checks the whole country.) When you click "Find nearest Store" it will show you how many are in each store.

You can get Partizons all across the country, and there are as many as 6 in some stores. Not so many places have the Nike Smoke.

Be warned, shipping one of these rockets can be more expensive than you would think and eat up the savings on the rocket. They won't fit in one of those flate rate boxes at the USPS. The best option I found so far is to find a free box that you can fit the rocket in and send it USPS, using the cheap 7 - 10 day shipping.

I'm still looking for a free box for the MDRM I want to send someone. But even then, the MDRM will probably be over $15 to ship. Add in the $25 rocket, plus sales tax, if any, and the rocket is over $40 delivered. Shop around and you may be able to find it for not much more online and get free shipping.

Of course, the MDRM costs more than the other kits for just the rocket and also costs the most to ship, so the rest won't be $40. The Ventris might actually fit in a flat rate box. And if you are shipping a stack of rockets in one box, you'll save on shipping.

Im still trying to figure out the best way to send some of these out, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Seeing that I tried going out to the City of Industry location this morning, but the 60 freeway was closed. I like this way better of checking the inventory. It works well.

It shows that the City of Industry has (2) Nike Smoke and Oxnard has (4)

I wonder if Fry's will continue to keep these rockets in stock. I'm sure the sales alone on them would justify it.

Last edited:
"IF" it's accurate....take it with a grain....

One of the reasons I don't shop often at Fry's is because of the inaccuracies of the online inventory. Several times I have gone to the store to pickup an item only to be told "sorry"..... and twice I've paid online for store pickup, figuring I'd swing by on my way home from something....only to wait my turn at CS, wait for them to wander around looking, wait for a manager to show up and tell me "sorry".... And be issued a refund for an item I paid for.

This is a GREAT sale, no doubt....but outside of this sale, Fry's ain't all that......

Seeing that I tried going out to the City of Industry location this morning, but the 60 freeway was closed. I like this way better of checking the inventory. It works well.

I wonder if Fry's will continue to keep these rockets in stock. I'm sure the sales alone on them would justify it.

I'm certain the PSII kits at Frys are on a final closeout, and they will not restock.

If you want to get any from your local store, I'd do an online purchase for in-store pickup. That is your best bet. I've been finding the inventory to match pretty well to what I see in stock. But like Fred said, that is not a guarantee.

Went to the Milton GA store today hoping for a Smoke kit or 2. Could not find much of anything so went to customer service. Lady there knew right away what I was looking for, said something is wrong with the system and they don't really have that Nike something rocket. 2 hour round trip for pretty much nothing.

Cost for my brother to ship 6 rockets from California to Nevada was $30.

They take a big box as was stated but still a great deal if you can get multiple rockets.

Cost for my brother to ship 6 rockets from California to Nevada was $30.

They take a big box as was stated but still a great deal if you can get multiple rockets.

Yeah, I just checked, and you definitely save money shipping multiple rockets in one box. It was just under $15 to send one MDRM to MA from CA. And just under $18 to add a Nike Smoke to the box.

Yeah, I just checked, and you definitely save money shipping multiple rockets in one box. It was just under $15 to send one MDRM to MA from CA. And just under $18 to add a Nike Smoke to the box.

But wow I can't believe the stack of kits (parts) I have now.

There are only 4 Frys stores in the entire US that still have the Nike Smoke. That one went fast. Oxnard, CA; City of Industry, CA; Dallas, TX; Milton, GA.

If the Milton store has a Nike Smoke, it is lost in their warehouse. More likely an inventory mixup or shoplift.

I cleaned out their remaining inventory of PSII rockets and motors a week ago. Ten G motors, two Partizons, a MDRM, and a Leviathan. They still have ignitors, wadding, and the PSII launch pad.

Last edited:

I sat in the westbound traffic for 15 minutes and still got there 5 minutes before they opened. And I hit the gym from 7-8:30am.

Got the 3 Argents that were there (web said 4). Left the 2 or 3 Nike Smokes.

I just checked the sale online, and either they are in the middle of updating the prices, and aren't done yet, or maybe the sale is over for some kits. Some items are back to their normal prices, like the Leviathan and Partizon, both over $50.00 now. Ventris shows the normal price crossed out, and a "special price", and when you add it to the cart, it comes up $19.99 --- same price it has been for awhile. Argent is the same as it has been for a few days --- normal price crossed out, "special price," and $12.99 once it is in the cart.

The Argent I got on the Super Sale from Estes had warped fins and no decals. Also bought a 24 mm Tomahawk for my son...no decals again. I can deal with the lack of stickers but the fins don't want to straighten. Oh well, it'll be a twisty launch. I have to wonder if some of these sales are a result of some poor quality control coming out of China (or other country of manufacture)?

The Argent I got on the Super Sale from Estes had warped fins and no decals. Also bought a 24 mm Tomahawk for my son...no decals again. I can deal with the lack of stickers but the fins don't want to straighten. Oh well, it'll be a twisty launch. I have to wonder if some of these sales are a result of some poor quality control coming out of China (or other country of manufacture)?

I don't believe any of the PSII kits are supposed to come with decals, except for the Mega DRM. As for warped fins, contact Estes customer service --- they are very good about dealing with these issues.

I don't believe any of the PSII kits are supposed to come with decals, except for the Mega DRM. As for warped fins, contact Estes customer service --- they are very good about dealing with these issues.

Nike Smoke has "United States" water slides......

The Tomahawk I picked up in that sale had the decals. There's only two and they are fairly small. Look for the yellow protective sheet in the bag with the instructions.

Check out the Estes website... partial sale. You have to hunt for the deals though, not listed under specials.

BTW, I haven't seen anyone mention this yet. Fry's has the Estes Long Tom available for $9.99. That's about 1/2 of what other stores sell it for. I'm thinking about picking one up to throw in the build pile. I've always wanted to build a 2 stage.

Partizon and Leviathan are both still over $50 at Fry's this week. Weird. I was sure they would just keep marking them down until gone.

Back