Estes Pro Series II kits on sale at Fry's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one near me in Milton, GA still has everything full price, though they only had G motors, and four PSII kits (a MDRM among them).

Shelf tags may list MSRP, but sale items will ring up at the sale price. Check the website and buy those items. A Sales ASSociate "should" help you verify the sale price.

I visited the other Fry's today (Roseville) and found a pretty good selection of rocketry gear but no Nike Smoke and no discount prices. Everything was pretty much MSRP. Disappointing. The odd part is that the store is a dead man walking and I won't be surprised at all to see it closing soon.

The Fry's closer to home seems to have returned from Zombieland and has new merchandise and a lot of shoppers.

Fry's in general seem to be struggling of late.

The one near me in Milton, GA still has everything full price, though they only had G motors, and four PSII kits (a MDRM among them).

Thanks for the update, Roy! Did you happen to notice if there were any Nike Smokes? They're showing in stock at Milton on their website for $19.99. Nothing at Duluth, however.

Cheers,
Michael

Did you do an actual price check with a price scanner? Everything was marked full price at my store too, but when scanned, they came up at the sale price.

Thanks for the update, Roy! Did you happen to notice if there were any Nike Smokes? They're showing in stock at Milton on their website for $19.99. Nothing at Duluth, however.

Cheers,
Michael

I never saw anything at the Duluth store, just some E2X stuff and a lot of E motors by the cashiers. Did not see Smokes at Milton.

Shelf tags may list MSRP, but sale items will ring up at the sale price. Check the website and buy those items. A Sales ASSociate "should" help you verify the sale price.

Took your advice, Fred. Nearest Fry's stores stocking the Nike Smoke are Oxnard and City of Industry which are not within driving distance.

No online ordering/shipping possible. Available only in stores if you can find them.

It was worth a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,
Michael

Just went and cleaned out the Milton store. Seven G motors and four rockets. They have tons of E9 and D12s, Eliminators, Red Maxes, Mosquitoes, etc.

Just went and cleaned out the Milton store. Seven G motors and four rockets. They have tons of E9 and D12s, Eliminators, Red Maxes, Mosquitoes, etc.

Glad you got something.

I don't think the E9 and D12 motors are on sale. You can get them cheaper from Hobbylinc. But some of the LPR rockets are a great deal. The Big Bertha looks like it has been cut even further --- $7.14.

I visited the other Fry's today (Roseville) and found a pretty good selection of rocketry gear but no Nike Smoke and no discount prices. Everything was pretty much MSRP. Disappointing. The odd part is that the store is a dead man walking and I won't be surprised at all to see it closing soon.

The shelf tags in Renton, WA are the regular Fry's prices but the models and motors on sale ring up at the sale prices......FYI

I was at Fry's tonight and they had rockets, but only the small LPR no MPR at all...they also had some black powder motors. It seems Fry's is no longer the store they use to be. Pretty disappointing.

I was at Fry's tonight and they had rockets, but only the small LPR no MPR at all...they also had some black powder motors. It seems Fry's is no longer the store they use to be. Pretty disappointing.

I hear that about some of the stores in California. That's too bad. The one here in Vegas is great and always busy. The last I checked they had some of the PRO II's still on the shelf. I don't need any more or I'd buy them. Then again they may be worth the purchase just for kit bashing at $19.99 each.

I hear that about some of the stores in California. That's too bad. The one here in Vegas is great and always busy. The last I checked they had some of the PRO II's still on the shelf. I don't need any more or I'd buy them. Then again they may be worth the purchase just for kit bashing at $19.99 each.

Or to resell to those of us without access :)

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Here's what I saw at the "good" Fry's store.

Notice the Mega DRM in my shopping cart.

I saw at least three MDRMs at yesterday's Snow Ranch launch.

But some of the LPR rockets are a great deal. The Big Bertha looks like it has been cut even further --- $7.14.

Looks like this applies to the Long Tom as well (both "limit one per household"). The Eliminator and the Mega Mosquito have also been reduced again, and have the same note. Well, I already got a number of BBs in Renton (and got most all the ones without squished body tubes), but I could go get one of each of the others tomorrow.....

Anybody willing to make a shopping trip for me? Would love to get a Partizon, Leviathan, and Mega Der Red Max and would pay you for your trouble!!

The Plano TX Fry's had at least one each of the Estes PSII kits. I just got one F50 motor. :eek: Daughter's wedding next week and I busted the budget even at the sale price. This hobby hurts sometimes.

Whoops, didn't see a Mega Max.

Last edited:
I went to the Fry's in Wilsonville, OR on the way to a launch. (Right around the corner!) I had in mind to buy a Mega Max for myself and another Oregeon Rocketry member.

They were out of MaxiMaxes, but there was a Nike Smoke. I had one, but for $20 I'm sure I could find a buyer.

I was going to leave it at that, then I noticed the display case full of motors. Either they weren't there on my last visit, or I didn't notice. I ended up buying 5 x F and 5 x G, for $10 each, plus three or four packs of igniters for $3.00 each.

I had the clerk look up Maxi der Red Maxi; there were 16 in the Campbell, CA store.

Whoops, didn't see a Mega Max.

That's because I got the last one. :)

I'm thinking "Der Duke Max"

de duke max.jpg

The Argent is now $12.99, in store only. On the Fry's website is says "Special Price" so to see the in store price you have to click it and add to cart even though it is in store only. The others are still listed at the $19.99 price. Guess I have to get one now since I can't pass that price up. The chute alone is worth that price.

...Fudd

Indeed - I guess I need to visit the Renton store one more time and see if there are any Argents left today. I think there were two last week the last time I was in there.

Last edited:
I haven't even started the one we have (my daughter's) and now you've got me considering buying another. Arrrgggggg!!!!!!

My wife is going to club me. :bangpan:

The Argent is now $12.99, in store only. On the Fry's website is says "Special Price" so to see the in store price you have to click it and add to cart even though it is in store only. The others are still listed at the $19.99 price. Guess I have to get one now since I can't pass that price up. The chute alone is worth that price.

...Fudd

Update on this $12.99 Argent bit. Based on my experience of about an hour ago, they do NOT ring up at that price, instead they ring up at the prior sale price of $19.99. What you have to do is an online order for store pickup, or prevail upon them at checkout to go get the price adjusted (what they did was essentially run the online pickup process for me in the store). This latter leads to a line stacking up behind you at the checkout lanes.....

One Argent (and one Leviathan) left at Fry's in Renton WA. Still lots of Long Toms (which ring up now at $7.14).

If you are a thousand miles from the nearest Frys, you can still order a few things online. My second order of the sale just came in today, one each of the Big Bertha, Long Tom, and Eliminator. These are the "one per household" kits and run I believe about $7-$9 each, so a very nice discount. I reached a level of free shipping with just these 3. With my first order I was shipped a Partizon, PSII pad, and some igniters.

Last edited:
I wonder if all the remaining PSII kits at Fry's will eventually be $12.99. This is definitely a final closeout.

I got one of these Argents for $12.99... Shhhhhhh... Don't tell on me...

I went to tht LUNAR launch at Moffett field, so I was very close to the Sunnyvale Frys. Someone else had mentioned you needed to place an order, otherwise it would ring up at $19.99. So I actually called Frys to place an order for in-store pickup while eating a burrito down the street. I also got another F26 and some of the Pro Series igniters.

There was one more Argent and a bunch of Partizons.

Last edited:
Back