Estes - Partizon (#9702) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astroimgur

Reaction score
Didn't see this one in the Estes sub forums, so I figured I would put my pics up.
004.JPG
Partizon Final.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Estes Partizon (#9702) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Partizon (#9702) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Partizon: #9702

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Partizon (#9702) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Partizon Also known as:

NUMBER: #9702

Introduced: 2011
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 56 in. (142.2 cm)
Diameter: 2.5 in. (6.4 cm)
Span:
Weight: 19.1 oz. (541.5 g)

Mfg. Description: No significant text in 2012 Catalog

=====

Superb is what the Partizon is! Introduced in 2011, the Pro Series II line features "big boy" toys!

The Partizon launches on composite motors and has through the wall fin mounting. An awesome feature to this series is the new quick release motor retention system (Motor Retainer Set - also sold separately). Though massive looking, the construction of this kit is not difficult. Building and finish work can easily be accomplished over a few days.

Sure to be a crowd pleaser, the Partizon is just waiting to be added to your collection! (Estes 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

estes-partizon%209702-2012%20cat.jpg
2012 Catalog

estes-partizon%209702-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

estes-partizon%209702-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I already posted these pics of my Partizon in a MPR thread but I'll repost a couple of them here. This Partizon has been shortened by 8" from the standard kit so it is 48" tall.

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

Very nice Nathan, here is my buddies Shorty Partizon(top bt removed) on a G77-7R at our launch yeasterday.
uvs140309-001.jpg

iframe>

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Last edited:
Here's a video I whipped together of a couple Partizon launches...to promo our school's science fair...

[video=vimeo;92938631]https://vimeo.com/92938631[/video]

Here's a video I whipped together of a couple Partizon launches...to promo our school's science fair...

[video=vimeo;92938631]https://vimeo.com/92938631[/video]

I don't actually see a video link in the post. I see video tags in the edit box now that I am replying, but nothing in the original post. It looks like a secure Vimeo site. Maybe the security is preventing the link from showing?

Finished up my Partizon. Added a little to the body and made up my own paint scheme. I'll call this the Killer Bee. I ditched the Estes paper shock cord mount and ran kevlar from the motor mount.

The black paint is Rustoleum black. Yellow is Rustoleum fluorescent yellow. I laid out and cut the graphics myself. Will do a clear coat when I feel the paint is good and cured.

killer_bee.jpg

Finished up my Partizon. Added a little to the body and made up my own paint scheme. I'll call this the Killer Bee. I ditched the Estes paper shock cord mount and ran kevlar from the motor mount.

The black paint is Rustoleum black. Yellow is Rustoleum fluorescent yellow. I laid out and cut the graphics myself. Will do a clear coat when I feel the paint is good and cured.

Looks great! The contrasting yellow and black works really well. I like the strakes you added.

You had much better results with Rustoleum fluorescent yellow than I've had. Any tips?

You had much better results with Rustoleum fluorescent yellow than I've had. Any tips?

I do have to say I nailed this one. Yellow I find the hardest to hit right without blotching or painting too much.

Very, very light coats. I mean almost just dusting the rocket over and over. The fluorescent should almost be going on dry a moment after hitting the rocket. Take your time. Have a sip of your coffee after each cycle of the rocket. Your rattle can distance and speed should almost be robotic. Never go back and spray an area twice in the same stroke because you think you missed something. I used almost an entire can on this. Most of it hitting the ground as powder. Don't pile the layers on to heavy as the yellow will start to lose brilliance. It is a fine line of hitting just enough to cover the white primer and layering too thick. Do not do a final "wet coat". Practice, practice. :)

Hope all that helps in some way.

Last edited:
I do have to say I nailed this one. Yellow I find the hardest to hit right without blotching or painting too much.

Very, very light coats. I mean almost just dusting the rocket over and over. The fluorescent should almost be going on dry if a moment after hitting the rocket. Take your time. Have a sip of your coffee after each cycle of the rocket. Your rattle can distance and speed should almost be robotic. Never go back and spray an area twice in the same stroke because you think you missed something. I used almost an entire can on this. Most of it hitting the ground as powder. Don't pile the layers on to heavy as the yellow will start to lose brilliance. It is a fine line of hitting just enough to cover the white primer and layering too thick. Do not do a final "wet coat". Practice, practice. :)

Hope all that helps in some way.

Thanks. I think I just try to rush it too much. I get decent results with other paints, but the fluorescents have defied me.

Here's my daughter's and mine:

Partizon.jpgPurple Nurple.jpg

First flight:

000000.jpg
000002.jpg
IMG_2937.jpg

Thanks to MASA for inviting us to fly Saturday.

It took me 10 years to finish. Well, I actually had it painted early on, but something was missing, a name on it. So, I waited so long until I could finally make my own decals / vinyl stickers.
IMHO this is how the Estes Partizon should have looked like 🙂

Stats: 29mm engine mount with dual deploy recovery and an E-bay in the nose cone for transmitter/GPS devices. Estes_Partizon_9702_1.jpg

Bottom view:
Estes_Partizon_9702_Engine_Mount.jpg

Vinyl sticker:
Estes_Partizon_9702_Sticker.jpg

Last edited:
Back