Estes Mini Honest John Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wonderful daughter showed me how to down size my picture file size.Hope this works.The stock build is with a 13mm motor mount.The Red/White roll pattern has larger fins 1/4" larger with .60oz of clay to the nose.The CG is perfect.Same as the 13mm.13mm Ho Jo.jpg18mm roll pattern Ho Jo.jpg

My wonderful daughter showed me how to down size my picture file size.Hope this works.The stock build is with a 13mm motor mount.The Red/White roll pattern has larger fins 1/4" larger with .60oz of clay to the nose.The CG is perfect.Same as the 13mm.View attachment 127847View attachment 127848

Im most impressed, that red and white with black paint scheme is indeed awesome. I don't know I just might paint it like that. As for the most improved version of the HoJo I need to get me another one. I noticed that the real life model has a tailcone on it and I want to make it exactly as how it should be.

Thanks,the foiled fins added should let you get more height.I made a 3/16" launch lug from some card stock and added twin streamers.I had some black decal paper,that's how I added the black stripes to the white section.I would like to see your build with the tailcone added.That's a great looking version.

Ok so there are alot of youtube videos with all kinds of paintschemes. This one has JFK and what looks to me like a dark green finish. Hard to tell with these old movie transfers. That picture you found with the boattail is very cool; any info about where and when it was taken and where you found it ? I'd love to get a tape measure and calipers on that one.

[video=youtube;5O_tiGiqvBQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O_tiGiqvBQ[/video]

Back