Eggfinder and Allthread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barkley

Reaction score
Hi All

I've designed a nosecone av bay for my daughter's rocket, and have allthread running right from the metal tip through to the bottom of the nose cone shoulder. My intent was to put an Eggfinder in there, but the instructions say to keep it away from anything metal. Has anyone done it anyway? If so, what were the results? I'd prefer to not completely rethink the nose and av bay if possible.

(And yes... I know a solution would be to throw it in there, take the NC for a walk to the local park and see whether I can find it with the Rx.)

Just use a short rp-Sma extension cable (6-8") to extend the antenna down into the payload bay. Loop the cable so it can't be pulled taut and tape the whole shebang to the shock cord. I do this in multiple rockets and it works perfectly.

Hi All

I've designed a nosecone av bay for my daughter's rocket, and have allthread running right from the metal tip through to the bottom of the nose cone shoulder. My intent was to put an Eggfinder in there, but the instructions say to keep it away from anything metal. Has anyone done it anyway? If so, what were the results? I'd prefer to not completely rethink the nose and av bay if possible.

(And yes... I know a solution would be to throw it in there, take the NC for a walk to the local park and see whether I can find it with the Rx.)

I did exactly this, asked all the same questions, and got the all the usual responses. Search my name or keywords, and you will find the thread from December. In the end, I let the data do the talking. Edit: mine was BRB900, not Eggfinder. YMMV.

Last edited:
I did exactly this, asked all the same questions, and got the all the usual responses. Search my name or keywords, and you will find the thread from December. In the end, I let the data do the talking. Edit: mine was BRB900, not Eggfinder. YMMV.

I knew this question had to have been asked before, but nothing turned up in my search. Now at least I know to search in December.

Edit to add: here's the link to the thread:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...-rod-parallel-to-tracker-antenna-what-happens

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back