Dr. Amy Mainzer, Brains, Beauty, and Bod!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some men find intelligent women attractive. I'm in that group, and have been married to one, the same one, for 38 years.

On blogs and forums folks talk about such things.

Only in today's shame game society would people find any of that offensive...

Only in today's shame game society would people find any of that offensive...

Offensive? I think poor taste is a better way to describe it:

I would definitely turn my head and cough for Dr Amy. Kari too.

and she does have a real nice shape... :)

They need to make a Sports Illustrated swim suit edition for hot scientist!

Maybe you don't know this about women but a lot of them don't like being ogled over by strangers. Kinda creeps 'em out. Not really about offending women it's about showing them respect.

I'm a female. I've been involved in rocketry since 2005, so not as long as many of you but still quite a while. I'm L2 certified, and I'm pretty involved at the local and national levels.

Every female I know who is involved in rocketry is here because we enjoy it, not because of how we look. Why is our appearance part of the discussion?

Edited to add: I would say the same thing to a female who comments on a male rocketeer's appearance. Frankly, I just haven't seen women starting threads like this.

Thanks,
Carol Marple
NAR 86280 L2

Last edited:
You'll learn more if you come to it yourself.

What i’d like to understand is why you were happy to participate in the thread in 2012, but now don’t seem capable of explaining the difference between comments in poor taste and sexism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back