CTI Discussion Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob and I have been friends for many, many years. Anything, anything, that he writes to us us on our Forum, is dead straight the truth, or he believes it be so. I know him that well to say so, and this is not something that I say absent very much consideration...
I hope that you are ok Bob...you get it...
Thanks ZEDL1, nice to have old friends on board.

Bob, what is the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 98 MM casings?

Welcome. I cant believe this hasn't been said yet. How is Jereon? We all miss him on the forum. Please bring back the Snap ring compatible loads and expand the line. Some of us actually ENJOY assembling a motor!. Yea, you know who I'm talking about you lazy non motor assembling boneheads.
Jeroen doesn’t come around as much these days, but last I spoke with him he was in good spirits.
If you mean AMW compatible reloads we never stopped selling them, just ask your dealer.

Yes understand they have thrust rings, the 54mm has the closure with the knurl, the 75 and 98 do not. Talking about how they end up being not how.

For min diameter 54mm build be great to have a smooth closure to lessen drag

1602531219076947003235733289346.jpg

Welcome to the forum Bob. Nice to have a direct line into vendors here. There have been some really insightful comments on other vendor threads and look forward to that happening here.

Personally I fly CTI almost exclusively. I have flown from 24mm to 98mm, including a two-stage O3400-M2020 last year. Very happy with CTI motors.

Question: Is there any thought of there being a commercially available head-end ignition forward closure, or something, available for those that would lust after such a device? I ended up making my own, but a commercial unit would have simplified things somewhat.
I know a lot of people have inquired about HEI, isn’t there something in the codes preventing this at sanctioned launches. If it could only be used at EX launches I’m not sure we would bother, most people will make their own.

If you mean AMW compatible reloads we never stopped selling them, just ask your dealer.
[/QUOTE]

Chris?

Yes understand they have thrust rings, the 54mm has the closure with the knurl, the 75 and 98 do not. Talking about how they end up being not how.

For min diameter 54mm build be great to have a smooth closure to lessen drag

View attachment 434699
Oh now I get it... (takes me a while sometimes) you just want the knurling gone. I think we have a 54mm boat tail... without knurling.

because CTI does not ship individually packaged grains in 24-54 loads. If they did and they were les than 30 gram each, they could ship non hazmat.

Which would probably broaden their appeal, especially with the growing trend over the last few years to non-hazmat configurations, and at least one competitor that strives for non-hazmat as a marketing feature. I'd pay a few more $ for non-hazmat, sure would save me a lot of money and/or spread out my motor purchases throughout the year more.

I know a lot of people have inquired about HEI, isn’t there something in the codes preventing this at sanctioned launches. If it could only be used at EX launches I’m not sure we would bother, most people will make their own.
I don’t know of anything in NFPA or Tripoli Safety Codes that prohibit submitting a head end ignition system for certification. The only limitation that stands out is that the igniter be inserted at the pad with the rocket pointed in a safe direction and then inhibited until the rocket is on the pad and in launch position.
It’s great to see you here, Bob.

Jeroen doesn’t come around as much these days, but last I spoke with him he was in good spirits.
Please send greetings to Jeroen from me -- I first met Jeroen at a mid-western launch -- I believe it was LDRS-33 in Wisconsin but it could have been another one around 2014. I am now back in Belgium and launching with the Dutch Tripoli Club TRA117. I believe Jeroen is originally from The Netherlands. Hope to hear from him and that he is fully recovering. Our home is yours anytime if you are visiting Europe after the coronavirus is over, Jeroen. Our next launch is Sat 31 October "Halloween" and I have a couple CTI 54mm Smoky Sam's ready to fly in my *Belgian Flag Endeavour and Dutch Frenzy rockets. Steve on Monday 12 October 2020 -- I may have already posted this but here *it is from 13 Sept 2020: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D3372136_09724200_798582

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see a CTI presence again!

There hasn’t been much new going on at CTI in hobby Rocketry, but we’re hoping to at least start certifying some current propellants in new configurations. Things like the P24 and P75 tail cones could be included.

Would this include a wider array of C-Star loads? I know it sounds like a bit of an echo chamber at this point, but the K740 is by far and away one of my favorite reloads on the market, and is one of those motors that always makes you go "WOW!"

The thing that pushes them into research launches is the fact it is not a commercial part. Anything homemade is Ex. An available commercial part would make HEI available for more launches. Safety regulations would still need to be followed, of course.

I don’t know of anything in NFPA or Tripoli Safety Codes that prohibit submitting a head end ignition system for certification. The only limitation that stands out is that the igniter be inserted at the pad with the rocket pointed in a safe direction and then inhibited until the rocket is on the pad and in launch position.
It’s great to see you here, Bob.
Thanks.
We’ve been quite busy with other projects, but if there was enough demand for them we might look into it

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see a CTI presence again!

Would this include a wider array of C-Star loads? I know it sounds like a bit of an echo chamber at this point, but the K740 is by far and away one of my favorite reloads on the market, and is one of those motors that always makes you go "WOW!"
Yes I think a few more C* loads would be nice

Has Cesaroni made single use motors other than the O25000?

Any chance we might see other non-reload motors in the future?

Has Cesaroni made single use motors other than the O25000?

Any chance we might see other non-reload motors in the future?
There's been a lot of discussion about single use motors here, we made some 29mm for a commercial customer a while back and we might modify them for hobby use. Might be something we develop in the next year or 2.

Back