• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

Reaction score
***I'm very unhappy that SArocket man's ignorant and offensive posts were allowed to remain, while our responses to them were deleted.

so I'll post it again.

"I wish you had a soul so you'd be easier to deal with. how would you like it if someone said that about you when you died?

you infuriate me" (and then some more) maybe some day when you get injured in rocketry someone will comment and say "well, it was bound to happen to an idiot who plays with explosives all day, it doesn't matter." we all know that's not true, but someone's got to be dumb enough to say it

enjoy the repost.

I wish you had a soul so you'd be easier to deal with. how would you like it if someone said that about you when you died?

I agree.

Whaaaa?!? I saw the thread when I was down at Orangeburg and kept looking for it, and could've sworn it was on here.

Let's not get into what happened in another thread if it got out of hand.

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed that guy's shows. He was a nice guy. He was kinda funny, and did some cool things. Some people do things that many others don't do or don't undertand so that others can understand. This guy loved to show other people things they wouldn't otherwise get to see. The guy died doing what he loved to do, and he'll be remembered for all the stuff he shared with us too.

Whoa, what happened to the rest of the thread?

By all means get rid of SARocket's posts and those responding directly to it, but at what point does it become acceptable to pull a whole thread about a good man who died recently?!

Unbelievable.

I like a good argument as much as the next guy, but let's not start a whole new thread just to keep flaming each other.

Originally posted by WiK
Unbelievable.
And rather disrespectful to the memory of the man. Pull the offending posts, yes, but pull the whole thread?????

Hmmm. Not sure why my post disappeared... :confused:

I was just listening to the radio on the way to work and heard that they filmed the actual incident with the stingray and that Irwin himself had said beforehand that if killed while filming a documentary that the footage should be shown to the public! Of course, we will have to see whether his wife allows it to be shown after all (not that I'm even sure I'd want to see it, mind you!). :(

Greg

Thanks for telling me what you think.

It's kids like you that have got TRF over moderated.

You dont even live in Australia so you've made up your view over 10seconds you saw on The jay leno show.We see his stupid stunts all the time so thats why I'm not shocked that he dead if you play with fire you will get burned.

Your not the first person to say i'm ignorant this week, but aleast I dont dance around what I want to say or just take the side of the majority because it easyer.

Unbelievable? The thread got pulled because it's too difficult for some people to simply pay their respects and be respectful about it. Apparently, it's too much for some to handle without getting into a debate.

I don't know which moderator pulled the posts, but by the time a thread has gotten a ton of idiot remarks it becomes a real pain to have to sift through the entire thread and pull out the bad ones, so I can sympathize.

A man died. How hard is it to say your peace without arguing or being a jerk about it?

Do you want your posts to quit disappearing? Police yourselves. This is a community driven forum. See something out of line? Let someone know. Don't wait until it's a stupid mess of idiot remarks and then get upset when the thread disappears.

A famous icon passed away and someone made some really shallow comments. That's what's unbelievable.

For those of you that would like to pay your respects in a public forum and continue this discussion, please visit Google and type the words "Croc Hunter." You will find a gazillion related websites complete with internet forums, charity sites, and everything else related to this event. I am 99% positive you can be ugly and say whatever you want on those websites and not have your posts pulled.

For those of you whose sentiments were discarded from this thread, we apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back