Contacting the NAR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mx774

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a reliable way to contact the NAR? I recently moved from LA to Maryland and wanted to change my Sport Rocketry subscription address and update my membership.

I sent NAR two emails ([email protected]) and called their 800 number (1-800-262-4872). My two emails have not been answered and their 800 number is busy 24/7.

Does the 800 number even work?

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated...

Jim H.

What was the time duration from the time you called or e-mailed until you felt that you did not get a response and they might not be there?

I ask because it was a Holiday weekend and NAR HQ is a one person operation and she is allowed to take a vacation or sick day or two.

A delay of a few days (business days after a Holiday) is not unreasonable.

Originally posted by MX774
Does anybody know of a reliable way to contact the NAR? I recently moved from LA to Maryland and wanted to change my Sport Rocketry subscription address and update my membership.

As long as you provided your old and new addresses in the email or voicemail message, HQ will update your address change.

If you believe you've missed a magazine or newsletter, just email or call again, and HQ will send out a replacement.

Also, note that if you moved right when a mailing occured, it's likely the magazine was sent to your old address. It could be the Post Office is in the midst of forwarding it.

Hope this helps.

I sent NAR two emails ([email protected]) and called their 800 number (1-800-262-4872). My two emails have not been answered and their 800 number is busy 24/7.

Does the 800 number even work?

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated...

Jim H.
\

Jim H:
Bunny has I hope fixed your NAR subscription problem,
I'd like to invite you to join our Section if your looking to fly in Maryland. If your in Silver Spring your not to far from Our Meeting place in College Park, at the College Park Airport. Please Visit us at narhams.org. for all the details, times and such.
We have a Launch Coming up Sept. 16th at our New flying field at Old Natinal Pike Park in Mt. Airy Maryland. Just East of Federick Md. This one is kinda Special as we'll be starting late 12:00 Noon with a standard daytime sport launh but extending to a Night Launch flying from about 6:30 to 9:30 PM.
Hope to see and meet you there:)

By the way, he moved from Los Angeles (L.A.) not Louisiana (LA).

Aloha.

:D

Originally posted by narprez
As long as you provided your old and new addresses in the email or voicemail message, HQ will update your address change.

If you believe you've missed a magazine or newsletter, just email or call again, and HQ will send out a replacement.

Also, note that if you moved right when a mailing occured, it's likely the magazine was sent to your old address. It could be the Post Office is in the midst of forwarding it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response. I sent NAR headquarters both my old address and new.

I have not missed an issue at the USPS has forwarded my subscription. I'm concerned with my NAR membership lapsing. I cannot remember when my renewal membership is due? Can you find out if my membership (i72461 SR ) is due?

Thanks for the response guys!

Jim H.

I'm concerned with my NAR membership lapsing. I cannot remember when my renewal membership is due? Jim H.

Look on your membership card or the address lable on SR?

>>>>>
I have not missed an issue at the USPS has forwarded my subscription. I'm concerned with my NAR membership lapsing. I cannot remember when my renewal membership is due? Can you find out if my membership (72461 SR ) is due?
<<<<<

I get a monthly archive of membership files from NAR HQ.

Checking it, your current NAR membership will expire in January, 2007.

Also, Senior members get 60 day and 30 day renewal notice reminders in the mail, before their membership expires (due to the smaller percentage of Junior and Leader members who renew, they get a 30 day renewal notice).

- George Gassaway

Back