Composite Warehouse Must Have

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I was using the chat feature on the Composite Warehouse website, and I asked that they bring back the rocket marketed by Pro Line Rocketry called the Dominator 4. They said soon!! But I am down for one of these beauties when they are released again! As I remember correctly they were offered as shown and also came with aluminum bulkheads with the option for screw in ejection cannister... I really hate I missed the boat on this in 2012 time frame, I won't make the same mistake twice on this must have!

9e0aa70fb686405bOrg.jpg

I'd really love to see a Mongoose 75 in carbon fiber again, although I think Madcow owns that name now. Maybe Composite Warehouse can create the Marmot 2.95.

I was using the chat feature on the Composite Warehouse website, and I asked that they bring back the rocket marketed by Pro Line Rocketry called the Dominator 4. They said soon!! But I am down for one of these beauties when they are released again! As I remember correctly they were offered as shown and also came with aluminum bulkheads with the option for screw in ejection cannister... I really hate I missed the boat on this in 2012 time frame, I won't make the same mistake twice on this must have!

View attachment 499196

Great kit. I have had on since they first came out. I have flown it on K through M motors.

I would definitely buy one of those kits if it came with all the red annodized bits the original kits did. Specifically the nose cone tip, bulkheads with the dual ejection canister with ematch pass through, and Aeropack Tailcone.

The tip and Tailcone are easy enough (could get a batch annodized cheap enough) but machining the bulkheads and ejection canisters would be custom low volume work and might be pricey (maybe SCP would be open to doing a run?)

Either way, I'd be onboard if they decided to do it.

Last edited:
Aeropack was bought by madcow, so I'm not sure if they would play nice for a competitor, but composite warehouse supplies all their fiberglass, so maybe...

Honestly, I never saw the point of aluminum bulkheads, but what do I know...

Aeropack was bought by madcow, so I'm not sure if they would play nice for a competitor, but composite warehouse supplies all their fiberglass, so maybe...

Honestly, I never saw the point of aluminum bulkheads, but what do I know...

The aluminum bulkhead/ejection charge well was pretty innovative in that it allowed one to run an ematch up through the bulkhead and charge well and then when you screwed the chargewells down there was an o-ring that squished to seal the hole where the ematch wire passed. There is also the bling factor which one can't under estimate.

I reached out to Madcow back in June of last year and they had a 3" dominator kit but it came with a regular madcow (green) set of bulkheads. The tailcone and NC Tip were red.

The aluminum bulkhead/ejection charge well was pretty innovative in that it allowed one to run an ematch up through the bulkhead and charge well and then when you screwed the chargewells down there was an o-ring that squished to seal the hole where the ematch wire passed. There is also the bling factor which one can't under estimate.

I reached out to Madcow back in June of last year and they had a 3" dominator kit but it came with a regular madcow (green) set of bulkheads. The tailcone and NC Tip were red.
Okay, integrated charge wells built into the bullhead with pass throughs for wires already worked out and everything sounds cool. I thought you were talking about plain aluminum bulkheads that would still need to be drilled and setup, and also a set of charge wells to use in that setup.

Proline had a Dominator 3 back when, with all the red anodized parts, dual ejection canisters, and red parachutes that look like Rocketman chutes. I grabbed one right away.

Proline had a Dominator 3 back when, with all the red anodized parts, dual ejection canisters, and red parachutes that look like Rocketman chutes. I grabbed one right away.

Thats the one. Definitely wish I could find one. Or the 4" model. May need to post a wanted ad in the forum.

Thats the one. Definitely wish I could find one. Or the 4" model. May need to post a wanted ad in the forum.

I wonder how tall the 4” Dominator is . . . I hate it when rockets get up to 7’ and more. Too hard to move around the house, hitting doors/ceiling . . . just a pita.

Dom4 was 9.3 Feet Tall, Henry that chute wasn't Rocketman it was made in house, I was the one who packaged it up and sent it to you as a kit, I was doing the same thing I do for CW now for Proline then. Built weight was also 16.7lbs loaded with everything BUT the motor. I still have and fly my Dom 3 & 4. Great kits.

Dominator 4

Kit includes:

• 4" Filament Wound Von Karman Fiberglass Nosecone W/Custom Red Anodized Metal Tip​
  • 4" Profusion Fiberglass Airframe 56 inches​
  • 4" Profusion Fiberglass Airframe 28 inches​
  • 4" Profusion Fiberglass Coupler 12 inches​
  • Black G10 Avionics Bay Sled​
  • 2 1/4-20 All-Threads with Nuts​
  • 75mm Motor Mount G12 Red Fiberglass 24 Inches​
  • 3 Black G10 Fiberglass 3/16" Thick Beveled Fins​
  • G10 Fiberglass Centering Rings​
  • Aluminum Avionics Bay Lids with forged eye bolts​
  • Aluminum Dual Ejection Canisters​
  • Aero Pack 75mm Tailcone Retainer in Custom Red Anodizeing​
This kit Features

• Precision beveled fin edges
  • Precision routed fin slots
  • Flies on anything from a J to an M
  • Weight 16 Lbs
  • Over 9 Foot Tall
  • All Fiberglass design

Yes there is as CW now owns the rights to the Dominator Series Mongoose Series and Fire Flyer Series. Just no dates as to when at this time.

Dom4 was 9.3 Feet Tall, Henry that chute wasn't Rocketman it was made in house, I was the one who packaged it up and sent it to you as a kit, I was doing the same thing I do for CW now for Proline then. Built weight was also 16.7lbs loaded with everything BUT the motor. I still have and fly my Dom 3 & 4. Great kits.

Dominator 4

Kit includes:

• 4" Filament Wound Von Karman Fiberglass Nosecone W/Custom Red Anodized Metal Tip​
This kit Features

• Weight 16 Lbs
  • Over 9 Foot Tall
  • All Fiberglass design

Very fine work Gary, I really love my Dominator 3. Everything about it is quality. I took it out last night and polished it up with Mother’s Brazilian Carnauba wax. Sanded the fins with 1500 grit, as the rocket was scratched up in a rocket avalance in my back bedroom. These tall rockets can be a pain storing and moving them around, even when separating the durned things. Those parachutes are high quality, equal to a quality Rocketman chute . . . that was what I meant.

Very fine work Gary, I really love my Dominator 3. Everything about it is quality. I took it out last night and polished it up with Mother’s Brazilian Carnauba wax. Sanded the fins with 1500 grit, as the rocket was scratched up in a rocket avalance in my back bedroom. These tall rockets can be a pain storing and moving them around, even when separating the durned things. Those parachutes are high quality, equal to a quality Rocketman chute . . . that was what I meant.
Thanks H, LOL Avalanche I can't tell you how many times I reached for 1! and the whole shebang comes down, you don't mind if you scratch or ding it while flying it but banging it on the ceiling or door jam is what hurts lol.

Dominator 4

Kit includes:

This kit Features

• Weight 16 Lbs
  • Over 9 Foot Tall
  • All Fiberglass design

The introductory price for the Dominator 4 was insanely low, and like a fool, I never jumped on it. Once offered again, I so not think I would miss this ship!

Back