• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale at LDRS in Potter - Built Rockets - Hawk Mountain, Rocketry Warehous...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
So this one will be a little different from how I have offered rockets in the past. I will be renting an enclosed U-Haul trailer for LDRS, primarily for security and to get the rocket stuff out of the cabin of my SUV and away from my wife and child. As such, the trailer may be relatively empty...may as use that space to try to pay off the rental, right?

Recently I haven't been able to fly nearly as much as I'd like and I have begun to contemplate downsizing my collection. That being said, my collection takes up a pretty small corner of the storage room in my basement and there's no dire need to move these rockets. Much like Tim Dixon did not too long ago, I'll move these rockets for the right price. Hell, one of the rockets being offered here was acquired from his sale! Please keep in mind that these are all flown rockets...they are certainly dirty, but they are well loved and are structurally ready to fly. You add recovery stuff, altimeters, etc to your liking.

DA RULEZ
So, as I said...these rockets can be had for the right price. I have written down the value I would like to get for these rockets. If I receive an offer that exceeds that value, you have dibs on the rocket. If someone exceeds your offer prior to the deadline, I will permit you the first right of refusal on the highest offer. Should you accept, you must match the offer...if you decline then the highest offer gets the rocket. THIS RIGHT IS ONLY FOR THE FIRST OFFER THAT EXCEEDS MY SECRET RESERVE. I will respond to your PM and inform you whether or not your offer has exceeded my reserve, and I will permit three attempts per person, per rocket to reach the reserve (no spamming me in $1 increments). Exceed my reserve by 25% and you get the rocket immediately and trump the first right of refusal, assuming someone hit my reserve prior to your offer..

I will accept offers from now until 10:00 PM EST on Friday, June 5th. I understand that I may get zero offers for these, and that's perfectly ok!

Here's some pictures of the rockets:

Rocket_sale - 1.jpg

Rocket_sale - 2.jpg

Left to right (or top to bottom)

Performance Rocketry Intimidator 3
3" diameter, 54mm motor mount. Fiberglass tubing with Profusion upper tube and VK nosecone with aluminum tip. Shock cord anchor installed in booster just above the length of a 54/2550 motor. AeroPack 76-54 tail cone retainer. Aluminum ejection charge canisters. This rocket has several flights on it and shows plenty of wear and tear, but is an outstanding flier.

Onboard videos (3D printed shroud for Mobius camera included):
[YOUTUBE]5ZAmPShLC7o[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]IrNaua4ym5k[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]wJAFiGFK_gE[/YOUTUBE]

4" Scratch Built Big Nuke SOLD FOR $150, RESERVE WAS $115
4" diameter, 54mm motor mount. Hawk Mountain fiberglass tubing with 5:1 conical FWFG nosecone and aluminum tip. G10 coupler with stepped ply bulkheads, boat tail made from LOC plastic transition, 54mm AeroPack retainer. Rocket has flown twice to 2,800' and 3,300' on 54/1050 EX loads. This is the prettiest rocket I currently own. The paint is really quite nice.

Rocketry Warehouse Broken Arrow XP SOLD
4" diameter, 3" motor mount. FWFG tubing, 4:1 ogive FWFG cone with aluminum tip. 3d printed Avbay sled, Aeropack retainer without a cap (base only). Rocket has flown 5 times from a Loki J820 to a 54/2550 purple.

Wildman 5" Jart
5" diameter, 54mm motor mount. FWFG tubing and FWFG nosecone with aluminum tip. Stepped ply bulkhead in the nose with a 3d printed sled, set up for single deployment or dual deployment with a cable cutter. AeroPack 54mm retainer. Rocket has flow 4 times, once on a CTI I800, Kosdon J450F, 54/700 Ex White, and 38/640 red. Second prettiest rocket I own, I have decent luck with this paint...

PML X-Calibur SOLD FOR $6.25 AND BEER OF MY CHOICE TO RKELLER!!!
54mm body tube, 38mm motor mount. Quantum tube, riveted payload bay, aluminum snap ring motor retainer. Chipped paint...(hint, if you PM me and offer me a $5 bill or a bottle of some delicious IPA beer at LDRS, the rocket is yours. Beer must be really awesome, and won't be consumed while the waiver is open. Any beer offer will trump a $5 offer.)

Scratch Built 5.5" Nike Smoke
5.5" LOC tube, fiberglassed with 2 layers of 4.5oz satin weave glass. Thick wall paper coupler from Ken at Performance Hobbies. Polecat Aerospace fiberglass nosecone. 54mm central mount, 4x 29mm outboards. The rocket will take a 2550 central motor and ~16" long 29mm outboards. Conduits and t-nuts installed for wire routing and motor retention. Altimeter bay is currently a 54mm altitube, strongly recommend modding it. Rocket has flown twice, once on an AMW J480BB and an AMW-ProX K1720 Scalded Tiger (yeeeeehawwww).

Rocket_sale - 3.jpg

Last but not least, my Hawk Mountain Bad Attitude. Rocket will take a 76/6000 (and will withstand a CATO, as I have proven twice...). Performance Rocketry 6:1 VK FWFG cone with aluminum tip. Aeropack flange retainer without a cap. I really like this rocket a lot.

[YOUTUBE]tL1kdGE1O1g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]BNcEqOdo6fU[/YOUTUBE]

Let the fun begin, I'll be clearing out my PM box!!!

Last edited:
X-Calibur has fallen...as expected.

mmm_beer.jpg

Three additional items:

1. I will post the winning price of the rocket once I received an offer >1.25x my reserve or when the deadline has passed. I will also post my reserve price.

2. If you see something you like and you will not be at LDRS, I will entertain the idea of shipping it to you. Your order must exceed my reserve by 1.375x and be willing to pay actual shipping, which we will discuss.

3. For even more fun...you can submit your offer in pounds of 200 mic AP instead of dollars. Your offer will be evaluated at $7.00/lb. ;)

Am I the only one having fun with this?

Dan - Are you including the plumb bob with the Hawk Mountain?

Andy

Dan - Are you including the plumb bob with the Hawk Mountain?

Andy

Hey Andy!

Nope, that got scrapped. I have flown it 6 times and it's a great rocket. The reserve on it is pretty high, so it's likely to stay with me unless someone really wants it!

Checking in...

Any way that I can answer questions? Anyone looking at a specific rocket and want some more pictures or descriptions?

Should I remove the "game" aspect and just list my out the door price?

Thanks for looking!

Welp, almost no interest in the other rockets. I'll accept offers if you're interested in any of them and will ship.

PM me if remotely interested and we can chat.

I'm really bummed I missed that $5 offer... :p Guess that's what I get for skimming too fast.

I have sources. :p Like parental units who are >21 who CAN buy it. :)

I'm really bummed I missed that $5 offer... :p Guess that's what I get for skimming too fast.

3207582-muahaha.jpg

I for once lucked out on a deal, and It should be a fun ride on my new Loki 240 motor, which I bought because I wanted the whole package, not just to get cheap reloads and pawn off the hardware...

3207582-muahaha.jpg

I for once lucked out on a deal, and It should be a fun ride on my new Loki 240 motor, which I bought because I wanted the whole package, not just to get cheap reloads and pawn off the hardware...

SHOTS FIRED

So...

The deadline has come and gone with the PML X-Calibur, 4" Lil Nuke(ish), and Broken Arrow XP selling on the first try. I guess that means my price expectations were reasonable :)

That leaves the Intimidator 3, Bad Attitude, 5" Jart, and 5.5" Nike Smoke left. I've decided to keep the Intimidator 3 and the Bad Attitude, leaving the 5" Jart and my 5.5" Nike Smoke on my I'd really love to sell these list...so here goes.

I'll sell the 5" Jart for $75. Nike Smoke has sold. I feel this is a good deal because each nosecone retails for approximately that price. With the 5.5" Nike you get a cluster-ready rocket (54mm central, 4x29mm outboards) that needs some altimeter bay work to make it yours. The 5" Jart is a robust little rocket that includes an AeroPack retainer.

So, buy a cone, get the rocket (essentially). I'll meander on downstairs are take a few pictures of the guts of each in a little bit to spark some more interest.

Last edited:
Interested in the Jart... pending those pics. ;-)

So...

The deadline has come and gone with the PML X-Calibur, 4" Lil Nuke(ish), and Broken Arrow XP selling on the first try. I guess that means my price expectations were reasonable :)

That leaves the Intimidator 3, Bad Attitude, 5" Jart, and 5.5" Nike Smoke left. I've decided to keep the Intimidator 3 and the Bad Attitude, leaving the 5" Jart and my 5.5" Nike Smoke on my I'd really love to sell these list...so here goes.

I'll sell the 5" Jart and the 5.5" Nike Smoke for $75 each, or together for $140 delivered to LDRS. I feel this is a good deal because each nosecone retails for approximately that price. With the 5.5" Nike you get a cluster-ready rocket (54mm central, 4x29mm outboards) that needs some altimeter bay work to make it yours. The 5" Jart is a robust little rocket that includes an AeroPack retainer.

So, buy a cone, get the rocket (essentially). I'll meander on downstairs are take a few pictures of the guts of each in a little bit to spark some more interest.

Interested in the Jart... pending those pics. ;-)

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1433635569.566593.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1433635589.892006.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1433635615.195484.jpg

It's a nice rocket. A few dings here and there. I just don't fly single deploy rockets anymore, otherwise I'd keep it.

The av bay has threaded rod spaced for one of Landru's 54mm sleds. It is also missing the eye nut for the nose recovery attachment point, you'll have to provide that.

hahahahahahahahhaahahhahah

hahahahahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahah

Those two are on a roll tonight.........

Sorry about the hijackin Dan.....
Little whoops.....lol...

Teddy

Nike Smoke has sold...leaving just one lonely little 5" Jart...should I keep it?

Jart is accounted for! Thanks everyone!

Herd = Thinned. More room for random **** in my storage room!

Back