• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CJ's WaCkY WeD..Doing dual deploy, ya need these.[Reduced price-increase quantity]

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got mine the other day.
Great deal and thanks for putting up with me
kurt

Jim,,,,,,
I just touched one of your igniters to a single fully charged AA Ni Cad cell,,,,,,,,
Yes that's right 1.2 V,,,,, maybe 1.3 at best..........
It's not going to do anything right ?????????????

An instantaneous rock solid POP..........

I am really impressed,,,,,,,,
These should work perfectly as a base for an air start igniter,,,,,,,,
Now that's saying something...........

Thank you again Jim,,,,,,,,,,,

Teddy

Jim,,,,,,
I just touched one of your igniters to a single fully charged AA Ni Cad cell,,,,,,,,
Yes that's right 1.2 V,,,,, maybe 1.3 at best..........
It's not going to do anything right ?????????????

An instantaneous rock solid POP..........

I am really impressed,,,,,,,,
These should work perfectly as a base for an air start igniter,,,,,,,,
Now that's saying something...........

Thank you again Jim,,,,,,,,,,,

Teddy

Yes. I tested one with a coin cell I removed from my tracker, lit fine! It was showing 2.3 volts.
They throw a wonderful shower of sparks, perfect for what we do!

By the way one & all....I'm now working on a motor starter with a new formula using what I see so far.......... as non regulated components. I have the chems on order so when received the testing will begin.

These will be faster & hotter than anything I've made to date. Hopefully usable in a dip, epoxy,pressed or powder form....... yeah Baby!!!! :dark:

New orders went out today..... any one else?

Hey no worries.
Sometimes bad things happen to nice people.
Just glad it all worked out & I could help.

Jim,,,,,,
This is Kurt from California,,,,,,,
Very nice man,,,,,,,,,,
I was on the phone with him for quite a bit.........
I made him some killer harnesses for a big killer rocket............

Teddy

Woooo hooooooo! Santa came early this year. My box arrived today, gonna go under the tree.

:hohoho: + :tree: = :smile:

Why yes it is.

How may I be Of service?

FYI anyone who ordered over the weekend......I'm not going to the PO till after X'mas. Most have probably figured that out.LOL I'll still process, but I'm staying Home!.

MERRY XMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE

Everything ordered up to Xmas went out today & you all should have received notices & trk#

By the way I have white nylon 3/8in. long 2-256 shearpins , 19lb break, aircraft quality , 100 for 5.00 just add them to your order.

5.00 & 3 for sh/pp =8.00 total if purchased by themselves......still beats Mac Carr at 10-12 shipped!

Wife intercepted my "Better" deal upon arrival and wrapped for delivery by St. Nick. They look great.

May have to order some of these when my inventory depletes a bit.

By the way I have white nylon 3/8in. long 2-256 shearpins , 19lb break, aircraft quality , 100 for 5.00 just add them to your order.

5.00 & 3 for sh/pp =8.00 total if purchased by themselves......still beats Mac Carr at 10-12 shipped!

All orders which I have received payment for up to now, have been shipped.

Still have plenty left & shear pins also , as mentioned in post#79

Treat yourself to a gift & get ready for the upcoming flying season!:dark:

Thank you one & all.

Have not had time to try mine. Anyone used these with a Missileworks RRC, RRC2+, RRC2 mini, Perfectflite Stratologger? Obviously I am gonna test each... but am jonesing to use them in a Archetype cable cutter. Cause if they are fine, gonna stock up. :)

Have not had time to try mine. Anyone used these with a Missileworks RRC, RRC2+, RRC2 mini, Perfectflite Stratologger? Obviously I am gonna test each... but am jonesing to use them in a Archetype cable cutter. Cause if they are fine, gonna stock up. :)

I have personally used them in: RRC2+ RRC3 Stratolgger MAWD Hi Alt 45 Adept 22 I gave out samples for others to use in Ravens MARSA RRC mini Old RRC's and the tether, cable cutters.

All reports were great! Also used for CTI when theirs have been lost or misfired & used for staging CTI also.....long ones or shorts with extension added. I have used long ones.

Here is tech data on current requirements. [same for both short & long, click to enlarge]
Picture 4.png

Since we're at it, I DO have long units also, since so many have inquired & got them through PM's I guess it's time to let the cat out of the bag.

.................................................. .....................................
Longer Leads:

Actually I do have longer ones, 1 meter or 39.5 in. for considerably less than the open market which is 1.50 -2.50@
[almost 1/2]

It seems the short ones are so popular due to majority of fliers using terminal blocks on the outside of the Av-bay BP's & they just cut off the excess wire, only 4-6 in needed.

Cost is directly proportional to copper wire length & weight goes up for shipping.[double the length & you double the weight, these are 3x heavier than shorts] I was so slammed after the first post I never got to make the second post with the longer units & so many asked for them in PM's with the shorts, I ran out of longs. Now I have more.

I use the short ones on side of av-bay where [apogee for me]the sled is close to BP & longer ones on side where I fish wire through BP, then coupler & attach to altimeter before assembling the whole bay.

If you ever need the longer units:

Best Long
75 units 64.00 +6sh +3 pp = 73.00 total

Better Long
50 units 43.00 +6sh +2pp = 51.00 total

Good long
24 units 21.00 +3sh + 2pp = 26.00 total

All include trk# which is .90 I add into ship.

Don't forget shearpins if ya need them, 50 for 3.00 .....100 for 5.00 [see post 79 for data]

PS due to weight limit of 13oz in an envelope, I must go up to flat rate box for 50 or more. I can put 48 of the short in envelope. I try to be as fair as possible with shipping.FYI to explain the difference. Hope the above clarifies everything for you. Anything else, just ask away.LOL:dark:

Last edited:
Shipped out 8 packages Tues. You should be getting them now.

2 that ordered yesterday will go out Monday after I return from launch.

Had some time to test the lighters I received before Christmas. I am using a 25C 7.4V LiPo Battery and Stratologger SL100.
12135988296_f7e35b21b9_b.jpg

12135312295_de19278130_b.jpg

THANKS CJ, AWESOME LIGHTER!!!

Latest posts

Back