Check Out My New Shades!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
Just ordered these from Amazon. I was trying to find the Shades from the Pet Shop Boys Video "Suburbia", but found these and had to have them. They remind me of the Visors in the 1972 Movie "Slaughterhouse 5", so they are equally cool to anything from an 80s' Video.
I will wear them with Pride!

They are beyond cool!

And no, I have not read the Book yet, but it is on my List of required Reading.

Last edited:
They come in different Shades/Colors, so I ordered another set called "Black Ice", incase the ones I ordered first are too "Pretty".
I want to look Evil! These are some Evil Shades!
I'm pretty Evil looking already with all my Scar Tissue, but these Shades will surely top off my look nicely, and scare all the little Kiddies.

I got them today and they are Awesome! They fit perfectly over my Prescription Glasses like I'de hoped they would due to their Goggle like nature. I'm glad I got 2 Pair. They are 100% UV rated, and will be great here on sunny days when the Snow is bright enough to give you a Headache. I'm very satisfied with the Quality of their Construction, and they seem as though they will last a long Time. Each set came with its own Protective Pouch to store them in, which is make of a Silky feeling Lycra Material.

Last edited:
Wore them today, because it was sunny out, and the Snow was bright. People that I encountered complimented me about them. :)

Wore them today, because it was sunny out, and the Snow was bright. People that I encountered complimented me about them. :)

Probably because they were afraid of you . . . they look intimidating. Guess I should explain . . . X-Men, you take the shades off and lasers burn my face off.

Last edited:
I ordered more Pairs just barely. I really like them.

Last edited:
I bought two pairs of these after I saw a smokejumper wearing them on TeeVee:

https://www.fullsource.com/crossfire-23233/

Cheap ($7.50 on sale), plus they're safety glasses. Black frame also available.

CFS-23233.jpg

There are only two kinds of sunglasses; cheap sunglasses that get lost or broken and expensive sunglasses that get lost or broken.

Bought my wife a pair of RayBan aviators-thrashed. Two pairs of Oakley's-thrashed and lost an earpiece. 99 store pair for a launch-still around after six months *sigh*. Cue the music:
"...and get yourself a pair of cheep sunglasses, oh yeahhhh!"

These are only $9.99+S&H, so about $15 Per Pair.
I wore them today since I had to go outside in the Bright Snow to shovel the Driveway and Walk my Dog. They are 100% UV Protective.
I'm still mostly in love with how well they fit over my regular Glasses.

The Yellow Lensed Pair should be here tomorrow or Monday.

Last edited:
These are only $9.99+S&H, so about $15 Per Pair.
I wore them today since I had to go outside in the Bright Snow to shovel the Driveway and Walk my Dog. They are 100% UV Protective.
I'm still mostly in love with how well they fit over my regular Glasses.

The Yellow Lensed Pair should be here tomorrow or Monday.

Awesome - do you have a link where you ordered them????

Oh look, they have an ANSI Rating, which makes them even cooler!!!:

•plastic frame
•plastic lens
•non-polarized
•Lens width: 138 millimeters
•Lens height: 22 millimeters
•Bridge: 20 millimeters
•Only from Triple Optic will you receive a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, unrivaled Customer Care, unconditional Full Warranty policy, and a free microfiber cleaning pouch included with every item purchased.

•U.S. Standard ANSI Z80.3-2001 | CE Certefied
•Futuristic Frame Design
•Great for Costumes and Parties
•Color Mirror Polycarbonate Lens

The U.S. standard ANSI Z80.3-2001

The U.S. sunglass standard is ANSI Z80.3-2001, including three transmittance classes. According to the ANSI Z80.3-2001, the lenses should have UVB (315 to 280 nm) transmittance of less than a per cent and UVA (380 to 315 nm) transmittance of less than 0.3 times visual light transmittance. This ANSI Z87.1-2003 standard features requirements for high impact and basic impact protection. During the test for basic impact, a 1 inch steel ball is dropped onto the lens from the height of 50 inches. In the test for high velocity, a 1/4 inch steel ball gets shot at 150 ft/s at the lens. To pass both of the tests, no lens part can touch the eye.

[video=youtube;4xmckWVPRaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xmckWVPRaI[/video]

[video=youtube;jadvt7CbH1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jadvt7CbH1o[/video]

Back