• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Estes 3" Doorknob Nosecone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get one directly from Estes.

I believe they do not sell that nose cone as a stand-alone item. It's not listed on the site, and I'm pretty sure someone once asked CS and was denied. Cheapest source is a Big Daddy, but the Doorknob kit comes with enough better other content to generally be a better deal if kitbashing.

BMS has their version, but it's longer and heavier.

I fiberglassed a standard Alpha, and flew it on 24mm F's... the 3" version should do well on 75mm M's 😀
I have plenty of 3" Soller Composites fiberglass sleeve...

As others have noted, Estes does not sell it separately on their website. I'm considering buying a BD for the NC. Maybe even a Doorknob.

BMS sells two 3-inch nose cones for their T-300 airframe: an 11-inch ogive and a 4.3-inch elliptical.

Their T-300 tube is 3.00 inch OD / 2.93 inch ID.

The 11-inch ogive is a real beauty !

I wonder if either of those would fit your tube and your model ?

-- kjh

EDIT: oops ! what @SolarYellow said !

Where did you get the fins for a 3" Alpha? Thought about doing one myself. I have a BT-80 3x24mm cluster version and love it. Would like to do a 3" single 29mm version.

Where did you get the fins for a 3" Alpha? Thought about doing one myself. I have a BT-80 3x24mm cluster version and love it. Would like to do a 3" single 29mm version.
I belatedly realized I should have asked Galactic Mfg. to make it a 38mm motor mount option, as I would love to fly it with Loki G70s.

BMS sells two 3-inch nose cones for their T-300 airframe: an 11-inch ogive and a 4.3-inch elliptical.

Their T-300 tube is 3.00 inch OD / 2.93 inch ID.

The 11-inch ogive is a real beauty !

I wonder if either of those would fit your tube and your model ?

-- kjh

EDIT: oops ! what @SolarYellow said !
Just pulled the trigger on the PNC300 from BMS.

Behold: A 3" Alpha using the BMS cone. Through-the-wall fins with 1/8" ply core and 3/32" balsa skins for 29mm power. Nose cone since painted red.

A second cone is slated for an Up-Rated Alpha from Estes TR-11 tech report that will require carbon fiber fin skins.

6722a.jpg

Back