• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Found Estes 3" Doorknob Nosecone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get one directly from Estes.

I believe they do not sell that nose cone as a stand-alone item. It's not listed on the site, and I'm pretty sure someone once asked CS and was denied. Cheapest source is a Big Daddy, but the Doorknob kit comes with enough better other content to generally be a better deal if kitbashing.

BMS has their version, but it's longer and heavier.

I fiberglassed a standard Alpha, and flew it on 24mm F's... the 3" version should do well on 75mm M's 😀
I have plenty of 3" Soller Composites fiberglass sleeve...

As others have noted, Estes does not sell it separately on their website. I'm considering buying a BD for the NC. Maybe even a Doorknob.

BMS sells two 3-inch nose cones for their T-300 airframe: an 11-inch ogive and a 4.3-inch elliptical.

Their T-300 tube is 3.00 inch OD / 2.93 inch ID.

The 11-inch ogive is a real beauty !

I wonder if either of those would fit your tube and your model ?

-- kjh

EDIT: oops ! what @SolarYellow said !

Where did you get the fins for a 3" Alpha? Thought about doing one myself. I have a BT-80 3x24mm cluster version and love it. Would like to do a 3" single 29mm version.

Where did you get the fins for a 3" Alpha? Thought about doing one myself. I have a BT-80 3x24mm cluster version and love it. Would like to do a 3" single 29mm version.
I belatedly realized I should have asked Galactic Mfg. to make it a 38mm motor mount option, as I would love to fly it with Loki G70s.

BMS sells two 3-inch nose cones for their T-300 airframe: an 11-inch ogive and a 4.3-inch elliptical.

Their T-300 tube is 3.00 inch OD / 2.93 inch ID.

The 11-inch ogive is a real beauty !

I wonder if either of those would fit your tube and your model ?

-- kjh

EDIT: oops ! what @SolarYellow said !
Just pulled the trigger on the PNC300 from BMS.

Behold: A 3" Alpha using the BMS cone. Through-the-wall fins with 1/8" ply core and 3/32" balsa skins for 29mm power. Nose cone since painted red.

A second cone is slated for an Up-Rated Alpha from Estes TR-11 tech report that will require carbon fiber fin skins.

6722a.jpg

Back