Canadian Rocketeer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been a member of the Edmonton Rocketry Club and the Canadian Association of Rocketry for several years. This year I earned my CAR L1, L2, and L3. Working on my High Power Electronics Endorsement now, then will try for my L4 using a Madcow DX3 XL.
Hello from a fellow Canadian! :welcome:

Yes, I am! Got three dual-deployment rockets and will try for my Electronics Endorsement. Way too far for an old guy like me to drive round-trip in one day, so my wife and I will be staying in a Lloydminster motel. This will be my first trip to Kitscoty. See you there?
Best of luck with the electronics endorsement! I was hoping to do the same in November, either that or my L3 (which I’d be flying dual deploy anyway). I might make the trip with some friends who are going for their L1 and L2, but it’s quite a trip from Calgary. If I don’t go, I’ll go fly a couple low power rockets at the Calgary launch which is on Saturday as well.

Hope to see you in November though!

Best of luck with the electronics endorsement! I was hoping to do the same in November, either that or my L3 (which I’d be flying dual deploy anyway). I might make the trip with some friends who are going for their L1 and L2, but it’s quite a trip from Calgary. If I don’t go, I’ll go fly a couple low power rockets at the Calgary launch which is on Saturday as well.

Hope to see you in November though!
Yes, I plan to attend the Rock Lake launch also. It will give me another chance for that Electronics Endorsement, if Kitscoty finds me wanting. Otherwise, I'll put a K in my Mega-Initiator. I used this rocket for my L1 at Fire & Ice, then for my L2 at Hanna/Rock Lake, and finally for my L3 at Sullivan Lake. With dual-deployment and a J250, I would only expect about 3300 ft, compared to 3600 ft with the same motor for my L3. A K535 should reach a bit over 5000 ft, and maybe I won't have to walk any farther to retrieve it! See you in November!

Back