Busy week!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric1

BaddAzz Rocketry
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Made a Bunch of research hardware this week.
54mm 75mm and some 98mm!!
I can't wait to loadem up and flyem!!!
I'm gonna anodize these tomorrow.;)

Eric Foster

100_2195.JPG

Eric,

Did you heat that PVC rocket on the table back there, then give it a twist or 3?

That's what it looks like anyway....

G.D.

Hi Greg,

No, That's the upper airframe to my new night Rocket the White Wizzard.
Those are Diamond cut Dragon Scales! Clear Cast Acrylic Nose cone infused with glitter.

Eric

Made a Bunch of research hardware this week.
54mm 75mm and some 98mm!!
I can't wait to loadem up and flyem!!!
I'm gonna anodize these tomorrow.;)

Eric Foster

Personal Use or something you are adding to the ZZtore???

I made these for my use.
I am trying to work with some established manufacturers in the hope they will allow me license to produce their product at my facility. I hope to be able to offer these to the public soon.
I know for most of the propellant guys making the cases does not rate their time. This What I'm Good at. I can machine just about anything and I have always sought to improve everything I've ever touched. I'll post pictures of my closures tomorrow you'll see what I mean.

Eric

I think you need someone to test your cases / closures, say some one out west where the flying season is just getting started !

What is your estimated cost on the retail side?

I think you need someone to test your cases / closures, say some one out west where the flying season is just getting started !

What is your estimated cost on the retail side?

RD, I hate to disappoint but I have given my word I will not sell these.
When I have approval to sell I shall give prices. To do it now feels to close to breaking my word. I am truly sorry friend, But I have given my word. I hope that still counts for something in this world.

Peace,
Eric Foster

When I have approval to sell I shall give prices. To do it now feels to close to breaking my word. I am truly sorry friend, But I have given my word. I hope that still counts for something in this world.

You kidding?! This is a small hobby, and having a reputation of holding true to your word is invaluable.

Not to mention, it just speaks to your character, regardless of the ramifications (or lack thereof) within the hobby!

-Kevin

RD, I hate to disappoint but I have given my word I will not sell these.

Peace,
Eric Foster
The sarcasm didn't come through but . . . . . . . . . .

Knowing that you gave your word that you wont sell these at this time I would be disappointed if you went back on that! It doesn't matter if you gave it to a friend or enemy - your word is more valuable then gold !

i'm just wondering, in short, what does it take to anodize something? I've seen a huge anodizing tank at an aerospace plant, but i couldn't really get close enough to tell what the process actually was.

i'm just wondering, in short, what does it take to anodize something? I've seen a huge anodizing tank at an aerospace plant, but i couldn't really get close enough to tell what the process actually was.

I have been reading in This Site regarding Home Anodizing

Quick and dirty anodizing: Get a big metal tub with color stuff in it..Good powerful(but not TOO powerful) power source..One lead say the negative goes to the tub..Positive to the parts to be anodized..Dunk parts and let the magic begin..At least that it the gist of it..Two oppsingly charged products will attract each other...

Those are sweet looking cases, Eric! Going to TRY and make it to the Nov research launch..Wish me luck! :wink:

Last edited:
The sarcasm didn't come through but . . . . . . . . . .

Knowing that you gave your word that you wont sell these at this time I would be disappointed if you went back on that! It doesn't matter if you gave it to a friend or enemy - your word is more valuable then gold !

Thanks for the understanding. I truly was Not being sarcastic.
I can be taken that way though, I'm kinda Crazy.

Here is first Motor out of anodizing tank. (75mm 7600)
I like Blue, Easy color to use not very ph sensative.

Also a couple of shots of my 54mm closures all the extra holes are about losing weight.

Eric

100_2206.jpg

100_2204.JPG

100_2205.JPG

Ya know, there's a part of me that's chuckling right now -- weight reduction in the forward bulkheads, via holes drilled in them....in the same picture as a body tube with diamonds carved into the surface, which like create extra drag. :)

I'm curious on those diamonds. They look like they're in a gel coat layer on the tube? I'm assuming you've got a mold that the tube goes into, rather than machining them in after the tube is made?

How thick is that gel coat layer?

-Kevin

I think the diamonds are made with two layers of tubes. One with diamonds cut into it.

Looks like it came off of a vertical machining center with a fourth axis to me.:p

Ya know, there's a part of me that's chuckling right now -- weight reduction in the forward bulkheads, via holes drilled in them....in the same picture as a body tube with diamonds carved into the surface, which like create extra drag. :)

I'm curious on those diamonds. They look like they're in a gel coat layer on the tube? I'm assuming you've got a mold that the tube goes into, rather than machining them in after the tube is made?

How thick is that gel coat layer?

-Kevin

I hear ya! I am Not Rite in the Head. Diamonds are for Visual effect only!
No gel coat.

I think the diamonds are made with two layers of tubes. One with diamonds cut into it.

Nope!

Looks like it came off of a vertical machining center with a fourth axis to me.:p

We have a Winner!!!!!:D:D:D:D
Wait till you see the leds through the pattern.:cool:

Eric

Quick and dirty anodizing: Get a big metal tub with color stuff in it..Good powerful(but not TOO powerful) power source..One lead say the negative goes to the tub..Positive to the parts to be anodized..Dunk parts and let the magic begin..At least that it the gist of it..Two oppsingly charged products will attract each other...

Those are sweet looking cases, Eric! Going to TRY and make it to the Nov research launch..Wish me luck! :wink:

A ham radio 12v power supply works really well.

Back