L2 Certification Build Thread. LOC Precision 5.5" Magnum 3E, 75mm MM. For a Spring/Early Summer 2024 Attempt.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope all is well. How is the build going? I hope that the last few posts on your thread has not discouraged you from continuing your build thread. Don't take any posts personal, but rather people trying to help you out from going down a dead end road. I am confused also, it seemed by your last few posts that you were going to make your L2 build into a L3 build. Thank those that replied to let you know that you have to be L2 before you think about an L3 project. The Magnum is surely a L3 capable rocket and could easily fly on L3 motors. You just have to go by the rules in order to achieve L3, everyone has to do that. Looking forward to some updates on the build!!

Hope all is well. How is the build going? I hope that the last few posts on your thread has not discouraged you from continuing your build thread. Don't take any posts personal, but rather people trying to help you out from going down a dead end road. I am confused also, it seemed by your last few posts that you were going to make your L2 build into a L3 build. Thank those that replied to let you know that you have to be L2 before you think about an L3 project. The Magnum is surely a L3 capable rocket and could easily fly on L3 motors. You just have to go by the rules in order to achieve L3, everyone has to do that. Looking forward to some updates on the build!!
Im starting a new build...It will be a L2/L3. New build thread has been started. Not too much more here....

Attachments

• 20240329_082656.jpg
    20240329_082656.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This took off.....lol....Oh guru's.....

Im not changing, anything...

Michael B.
You may not be changing anything and you may not like what the “gurus” are saying but most of those guys are L3CCs and TAPs. They are the ones that will be telling you how the process works and what must be done. Listening to them will help you avoid a hard conversation later when they tell you that you cant use the same rocket you built for your L2, for an L3.
Im not trying to be rude but am trying to be realistic. Most TAPs and L3CCs want to see a plethora of experience before entertaining the idea of an L3 project. I believe you have had one high power flight to date that had an incorrectly drilled delay that went early but passed with a small zipper. My recommendation is take your time, build up your experience in L1 and L2 before you even reach out to a TAP or L3CC to discuss an L3 project.

Back