Breaking Bad

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
January I started watching this series on Netflix and after about a half dozen shows I found myself hooked, so much that I ended up watching all 5 series up to where I couldn't watch anymore in about a 2 week period. The last 8 or so episodes I had to wait until February to watch them. After watching all of them I have to say it has been one of the best series I have watched in a long time. So many twists and turns and outcomes you never would have expected even though there was a remote chance it would happen.

Anyone else out there got hooked on the series? I also thought the Sopranos was good too, but Breaking Bad far surpasses the Sopranos IMHO.

Agree, great television. Check out Bates Motel also.

I agree. I Binge Watched it too, and was caught up to speed a couple of weeks before the last Episode. I thought it was great!

I also have been watching Bates Motel and The Following.

Watched it in real time over the years. Absolutely one of the best series of all time. Great writing, casting, directing, acting, setting, everything. I would always take advantage of the previous season reruns AMC would play before the start of the next season; so much was there to foreshadow events if you could remember it all.

Followed roundtable articles on Slate.com following each episode but stayed away from the blogs; as most blogs, never a good signal-to-noise ratio. AMC added the Talking Bad show in the final half of the final season (like they have for their other series). That was a source of some good information and insights.

I am a really big fan of Breaking bad. I watched it episode by episode and really do miss the show.

I am a really big fan of Breaking bad. I watched it episode by episode and really do miss the show.

I'm having withdrawals from not watching it. If you Google Breaking Bad filming locations it will list a lot of the locations they filmed (addresses) then Google Earth the address and you get a real feel for what the area is really like. The buildings and everything look so different than what was in the show and its amazing how they transform them.

Absolutely one of my favorite scenes!!

[video=youtube;fHKrCs1rFRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHKrCs1rFRI[/video]

Been quite a while since I logged into TRF and this is the thread I choose to reply to. . . hmm. . .

Anyway, I am a big fan of the show, also Sopranos and the Following. Haven't checked out Bates, but I will now.

One other show I personally am gigantic addict of that hasn't been mentioned is Sons of Anarchy. Here's why and how it relates to Breaking Bad.

In Breaking Bad, I was always jaw dropped with how the characters reacted to the situation they were put in. To prevent spoilers, I'll say it this way:

If given an untenable situation A, the character reacts in way B, while I as a person couldn't have even contemplated option B. Fast forward to situation X which is a direct consequence of choice B, D, F etc and I still couldn't react in way Y, but they did. Just very compelling to me how the choices were presented.

With Sons of Anarchey, I had the same experience. Given A, I would choose something very different than B, but for the characters as presented B makes sense to them. Very mind bending for me.

I will say that SOA is violent, covers topics that are not family friendly etc, but I think Breaking Bad had its moments to say the least, so I assume that most that found Breaking Bad good TV would not necessarily find SOA completely offensive. Having said that, it is very intense. I can say without question that one particular episode of SOA made me pause the TV, get up and simply walk away with my heart beating way too hard in my chest. I was actually on adrenaline beyond what is normal or maybe even good. Simply put, it was one of the most intense and hard to handle events I have seen in fictional TV for me. It was like eating one of those sour candies that makes your face twist up - good but almost painful.

Anyway, a huge fan of SOA myself and also a huge fan of Breaking Bad.

Sandy.

Remember in the first season, the Winnebego's battery died in the desert? Jesse Pinkman points out that Walter's smart and asks if he can build a robot to get them out of this? I'M JUST SAYING.

I love this. It's Bryan Cranston as Heisenberg reading the poem Ozymandias. A very appropriate poem when you know the entire story of the series, and also the title of one of the final shows.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE

Last edited:
Ran through it twice on Netflix 3-5 episodes a night. Some of the best television ever. The cinematography, attention to detail, continuity all top notch.

Cannot wait for "Better call Saul" to air.

Looks like everybody agrees on this one. I had the misfortune to binge watch everything when they were in the middle of season 4. Of course I liked it so much it was torture to watch in real time for a little bit. Then I had to wait....and wait.....and wait for AMC to finally put out all the remaining episodes. It is a top notch series, and I can't think of any better, so consistently, throughout the run.

I know it's one of those series that people like to binge watch, and I did it myself for the bulk. But I really got a lot out of thinking about episodes for a while and possibly watching more than once. It was so good that there are multiple layers that provide enjoyment if you can catch it. Just one more thing that made it so special.

Last edited:
Came across this on Break.com:

Breaking Bad is Over.jpg

Posting this while I watch last night's episode of The Americans from the FX network. If you're looking for a good serial drama to take over that empty hour each week, I'll tell you this is one is very well done.

January I started watching this series on Netflix and after about a half dozen shows I found myself hooked, so much that I ended up watching all 5 series up to where I couldn't watch anymore in about a 2 week period. The last 8 or so episodes I had to wait until February to watch them. After watching all of them I have to say it has been one of the best series I have watched in a long time. So many twists and turns and outcomes you never would have expected even though there was a remote chance it would happen.

Anyone else out there got hooked on the series? I also thought the Sopranos was good too, but Breaking Bad far surpasses the Sopranos IMHO.
Agree 100%. However, I watched the Sopranos series while it was being broadcast, but didn't discover Breaking Bad until all of the hype over the series ending.

Other excellent series which I didn't watch while they were being broadcast, but only discovered afterwards - Firefly (with later film based upon it, Serenity), Jericho.

Excellent series, IMO, I watch that are being broadcast now - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones.

Agree 100%. However, I watched the Sopranos series while it was being broadcast, but didn't discover Breaking Bad until all of the hype over the series ending.

Other excellent series which I didn't watch while they were being broadcast, but only discovered afterwards - Firefly (with later film based upon it, Serenity), Jericho.

Excellent series, IMO, I watch that are being broadcast now - The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones.

+1 on both The Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones!

For a total of +2.

I think I'll be watching SOA next. How many seasons is there of SOA??

I think there were 5 so far. One was pretty lame in my opinion; Somewhere around 2 or 3, but the first and 5th were definitely intense for me.

I'll be interested to hear if you end up being a fan or thinking I'm an idiot - either scenario is likely. . .

I'm looking forward to a few series that I haven't watched but people have mentioned in this thread.

Sandy.

Back