Binder Design Terrordactyl build is finished!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE it!!! Do you think if you glass the fins it would handle a 75 mm?

WOW absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE it!!! Do you think if you glass the fins it would handle a 75 mm?

Yes. It may without glass, but I'm a kit manufacturer and have to be concerned with liability, therefor I must be conservative with my recommendations.

Speaking of fins. Just to fill the orders that have come in in the last 24 hours. Sexy.

terrordactylfins.jpg

Which ones are mine?

In all seriousness, will a Giant Leap tailcone retainer fit your 4" tubing?

For finish, thinking about how one of these would look with a Carbon Fiber sleeve!

Carbon sleeve and some "finger bone" style decals for the fins. That would go well with the Terrordactyl theme.

Will there be an option on the website for a 75 mm motor mount or will you just take the order?

This one makes me wish I were into HPR. :(

Instead I shall just have to hope that someone brings one of these things to a launch one day and I get to see it.

Super cool design!

Yes. It may without glass, but I'm a kit manufacturer and have to be concerned with liability, therefor I must be conservative with my recommendations.

I think I would glass them anyways to add a smidgen of pavement landing protection. That, and for me, against burying one in soft soil and snapping it when the body twists as it lands.

I think I would glass them anyways to add a smidgen of pavement landing protection. That, and for me, against burying one in soft soil and snapping it when the body twists as it lands.

Mike is shipping some super high quality 12-ply 1/4" fins (same as my Exocet from a month back), but I'll probably glass mine also.

I plan on ordering this with a 75 mm for my L3 bird, since this would be my first time glassing anything which carbon fiber sleeve would be best for the build.

Oh wow... those fins. It looks like Mike did nice things with his fins, I am just going to round mine off.

DSCF1705.jpg

Back