Beyonce

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's insulting to garbage, turned to the puppy bowl and TRF @ halftime.

I am sorry, but that was not one of my favorite halftime shows...

It was her fault for the power outage, LOL. I do not like these halftime shows. This is football, have a marching band and keep it to 15 minutes, not these long production.

That was horrible! If you are gong to do a halftime show, Why can't you sing it. I wish the power would have gone off during the show.

I was saying something similar to one of the guys I was watching with. I would be happy if they just invited a State University (doesn't matter, Ohio State, Nebraska, Illinois, whoever) marching band (or two) and let them do their half-time show(s). It would have to be better than this...

A college marching band would be better than essentially any of the halftime shows. The pop singer thing has gotten way out of hand.

A college marching band would be better than essentially any of the halftime shows. The pop singer thing has gotten way out of hand.

It's unfortunate (and a bit depressing) that that's what the majority of our population wants to see.

I thought the Black Eyed Pees halftime show would never be exceeded for the worst halftime show ever. I was wrong.

Someone should have called an audible and put Alicia Keyes in.

Sorta looked like there was gonna be some pole dancing towards the end.

Man, you guys are a bunch of cynics. I thought the Beyonce performance was pretty well done, as did everyone at the Super Bowl party we attended.

Offering a bit of history: the Super Bowl used to feature more traditional types of halftime entertainment. That stopped pretty abruptly in the wake of the alternate halftime show presented by the cast of the sketch show "In Living Color" in 1992, where millions of Super Bowl viewers tuned away from the CBS broadcast to Fox, then tuned back to CBS for the second half. The dip in ratings for the official SB halftime segment was so pronounced that CBS was forced to rebate millions of dollars to upset advertisers. As a result, the NFL was forced to invest pretty heavily in entertainment to assure their broadcast partners that such a debacle would never happen again.

While there have been some stinkers in recent years (the Black Eyed Peas immediately come to mind) most of the halftime entertainment since then has been pretty solid. In one notable case it was damn near transcendent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqtkik7nTik

James

Man, you guys are a bunch of cynics. I thought the Beyonce performance was pretty well done, as did everyone at the Super Bowl party we attended.

James

Agreed. The frackin worse thing in the world is reading a bunch of 30, 40, 50 somethings telling the world what is or is not music, a good performance, talent, etc. They are, as were my parents back then, FoS.
IMO

Beyonce..Bouncy whatever is A JOKE! These newer singer/performers/Divas cant even sing without an Auto Tuner...YEA the same thing that has that annoying electronic twang when over driven...Tons of soprano whiners on the radio now..It is NOT R&B..it is CRAP!
Beyonce ripped her in ear monitor out because "The Auto Tuner" wasn't tuning her out of tune voice into a correct mix.She then went "To Track" Go away if you can't really sing on tune.
The "AUTO-TUNER" is the whole reason No Talent Hotties are on CRAP SHOWS like Amerkin Idol. Wake up USA..take back the music and ignore this crap.

From Wikipedia: "One criticism of Pitch Correction is that allows Recording engineers to create a perfectly in tune performance from a vocalist who otherwise isn't skilled enough to give one,adding a degree of Dis-Honesty to music" it is also a cheap harmony and doesn't require the Diva to actually sing her multiple tracks in a different key.(She probably can't sing in another key..JOKE)

Last edited:
You guys made the mistake of watching with the volume on. She is smokin hot.

Agreed. The frackin worse thing in the world is reading a bunch of 30, 40, 50 somethings telling the world what is or is not music, a good performance, talent, etc. They are, as were my parents back then, FoS.
IMO

"Frak" is spelled as a four letter word. Yeah!

The "AUTO-TUNER" is the whole reason No Talent Hotties are on CRAP SHOWS like Amerkin Idol. Wake up USA..take back the music and ignore this crap.

From Wikipedia: "One criticism of Pitch Correction is that allows Recording engineers to create a perfectly in tune performance from a vocalist who otherwise isn't skilled enough to give one,adding a degree of Dis-Honesty to music" it is also a cheap harmony and doesn't require the Diva to actually sing her multiple tracks in a different key.(She probably can't sing in another key..JOKE)

I agree whole-heartedly. Somebody with a knowledge of using the tool can turn this:
[video=youtube;lLAy2gjKGuk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLAy2gjKGuk[/video]

Into this:
[video=youtube;vrJjcCnd9O0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrJjcCnd9O0[/video]

Do you think Harry (the oldest boy) should be paid big bucks for his singing talent??

I guess I am the only one that enjoyed it. Not my speed in music but she certainly put on an entertaining show, I couldn't take my eyes off her.

Seriously. Drop the Pop and bring in professional marching band?

Blue Devils or Cavaliers, doesn't matter to me.

...glad I wasn't the only one who chose to rebel and tune to the puppy bowl.

Back