BattlePark - January 14th and 15th, 2017 - Rescheduled 28 & 29 January

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pictures Nathan. That's my red Tomach. I love how the picture shows the fly-away rail guide right next to the column of black smoke.

Thanks for the pictures Nathan. That's my red Tomach. I love how the picture shows the fly-away rail guide right next to the column of black smoke.

Yeah I sent a copy of that photo to Bill Cook (inventor of the fly-away rail guide). I thought he would like that one too.

Here is a close up of the rail guide from the original full resolution version of that photo:

32442940912_ed5a0fa4e9_b.jpg

BTW, OpenRocket said my DX3 would go 1823 ft with a H120. Altimeter said it went 1820. Pretty good simulation!

Last edited:
I'm wish I'd been able to make it this weekend but between falling behind on housework and pinewood derby on Saturday, this weekend was packed. Luckily, the next launch is only a couple of weeks away.

Sunday was better then Sat. A little less wind, drier ground and less wind chill. I actually got three flight in on Sunday vs. the two on Sat.

Of course the Brisket Steak and Cheese at Shawn's BBQ afterwards was pretty good too!

Nice pictures Nathan and congrats to Doug. My daughter Sarah and I had fun Saturday even though there was a bit of wind and a bit of mud. I wish I could have also made it out Sunday, but, there was too much stuff to get done around the house.

Latest posts

Back