Dual Wingbeat – A Wildman 2 Stage Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yvanthesaxophonist

Reaction score
Some friends of mine and I decided we wanted to build a two stage rocket. We'll be documenting the progress here. @missle1 is one of my coconspirators.

Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 9.36.25 PM.png

It is essentially a Wildman Two Stage, with a few modifications. The booster has been lengthened to 48" to let us run larger motors in the booster. We also have larger switchbands to give us more surface to mount cameras that are integrated with other electronics. Our primary goal is to learn about staging, and to that end we have three flights planned. The first flight is just to get a motor to light, and all the other flights are just building up impulse and apogee. Ultimately we want to make some BALLS worthy multi-stage flights, but learning starts here.

Today we opened up parts, took inventory, and figured out how all of it goes together. We've got it mostly figured out, although we think we got a wrong set of bulkheads. Checking with Wildman about that.
IMG_3202.jpg

Looking forward to this project, hoping to fly at the TNT launch in January.

Looking forward to your progress! I just took advantage of the Wildman Holiday Sales and purchased the Argonia Cup Special 1, which I suspect is nearly identical to yours. Unfortunately, will not have mine in hand until March or April. I am going with a 48" booster to accommodate my CTI 75mm 4-Grain Motor Case. Did not have the BALLS to go with a 60" booster for my 6GXL case...........

Looking forward to your progress! I just took advantage of the Wildman Holiday Sales and purchased the Argonia Cup Special 1, which I suspect is nearly identical to yours. Unfortunately, will not have mine in hand until March or April. I am going with a 48" booster to accommodate my CTI 75mm 4-Grain Motor Case. Did not have the BALLS to go with a 60" booster for my 6GXL case...........
Absolutely, great deals to be had! Our booster is also that long, good set of modifications.

Back