Back in the hobby after 25 years!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to TRF man. Your rockets look awesome:)
Cheers
Fred

Welcome, I too came from rc helis and planes; actually rocketry seems inexpensive after you've driven a few helis and planes into the ground. Therapeutic and a little less stressful too.

Welcome, I too came from rc helis and planes; actually rocketry seems inexpensive after you've driven a few helis and planes into the ground. Therapeutic and a little less stressful too.

I know, right! My thoughts exactly...Lately, I've been grabbing the rockets instead of the helicopter when it's calm and good for flying outside.

I've finished my Magician finally! I have a picture of it with the payload light on too. I can't wait to fly it in the dark...I hope I dont lose it.

The paint was originally going to be fluorescent green, but the finish came out rough and I had to sand it smooth so I could paint it with gloss green. Oh well, it came out pretty glassy.

I also picked up a little Hi-Flier too. Its pretty cool because I can go fly it when it's windy and it recovers fairly quickly on A-8s.

Now I'm going to attempt to build a QCC Explorer. So far I have done the motor mount and sanded all the balsa. I hope it doesn't take me a month like the Magician did.

2012-11-22_19-21-10_13.jpg

2012-11-22_19-21-32_191.jpg

2012-11-22_19-25-09_937.jpg

I took my brother and 6 year old nephew to Hobby-Lobby today to pick up a launch set for them and went ahead and got a 24 pack of A8-3s.

Sooo....we spent ALL DAY launching our rockets and had a blast! Drag raced my Hi-Flier and his new "Flash" rocket in 20 mph winds.

Too much fun!

Here's pic of my grizzly brother and my nephew.

2012-11-23_15-02-51_699.jpg

That sure brings back a lot of good memories! I'm glad you had such a great time!

Just got back from the maiden flight of my Magician. It was a success! I said screw it, I'm flying it at night on the first shot. Put a D-12 in it, turned the light on in the payload bay, and pushed the button.

It went up straight leaving a beautiful orange trail and a nice fireball when it ejected the parachute. There was no wind, but it still drifted a couple hundred yards to the west and ended up in my neighbors pasture.

My wife said it looked like a shooting star as it was drifting back down with that little light on.

Welcome home!!! (we never really leave) Glad to see you're sharing with the kids too. This is a fine bunch here...keep up the nice work.

The fleet has grown...Working on a scratch build and a Big Daddy that I got for Christmas.

I also got an airbrush that I'm trying to get used to. I'll try to paint the next two using it.

DSC_0390.jpg

The fleet has grown...Working on a scratch build and a Big Daddy that I got for Christmas.

I also got an airbrush that I'm trying to get used to. I'll try to paint the next two using it.

Your fleet's looking really good! I built a Big Daddy soon after I became a BAR. I like the Big Daddy so much, I built an upscale.

P1020117edit.jpg

Back